Hunting the rocket coast, Cape Canaveral🚀🛰🛸

Mar 23, 2019
Cocoa fl and Saginaw mi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now live on the beaches of Cape Canaveral,I live in a nice private community here and I live in the part of the complex where it has a private beach access point right outside my door, with just a short walk down a path covered in the most creepiest trees overgrown the path,wild walk at 2am-5am or so is when it's best for me to hunt the beaches any tips my fellow friends have about beach hunting at dark,iv been metal detecting over 10+ years but lived in Michigan my whole life and tracked old ghost towns or old lumber mills,all land hunting mostly,I live here now and I love the peace of the night, with no one In sight,and if anyone is visiting the area or lives near by an open to those hours I'd love to meet fellow friends in the trade.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out for nesting sea turtles.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the West Coast, the nests were marked pretty well...concerned with all that red tide that the hatch wont go very well.
dont know about the east coast.
Will the turtles be hatching any day now?

I see quite a few people mding around the Cocoa Beach pier...watch them from the Tiki Bar!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick,Are you south of Cape Canaveral or north of it?

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The four or five nights during the full moon is great. Many years ago we use to be allowed to drive our 4X4 trucks on an old trail on the topside of the dunes. We would drive with our headlamps off. The full moon will rise between 9:00PM and Midnight during the few days of the full moon and illuminate from high in the sky till sunrise. (This was South of the Canaveral area)

full moon beach.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been told the night hunting is a good experience on E coast I can remember reading stories of Taffi taking out her son when youger at night MD.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... Will the turtles be hatching any day now?

No hatchlings that I know of, eggs are being laid now with only a few nests marked off so far.
I watched two pair lollygagging off shore Fathers day about 5pm while MDing in the Wabasso area. I guess she was waiting till high tide and darkness to make it easier to climb on shore and dig her nest.

NSB Diver

Greenie
May 7, 2018
New Smyrna Beach FL.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II \ Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Nick! I live in New Smyrna Beach. I would be interested in hunting at night with you. Sent you a friend request.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread