OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wish you all the best. Are you searching off the coast of Sebastian inlet?

Yes...all of these finds were between the McLarty Museum and Wabasso Beach.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Congratulations! Great job Captain Bill! Rob told me about your find yesterday over lunch. He was heading your way to examine it. Hope some of your luck rubs off on the Conquistador.
Mike

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see those finds, keep up the good work! :coffee2:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1742979

August 12, 2019
Another day, another awesome find for my friends on the little green boat with the big old blower in the back...The Carib Crew scored again for Search and Salvage and Caribbean Treasure Salvors LLC.
This is a great 1715 artifact, IMHO...A really nice, chunky 8 reale coin concreted to a lovely chunk of Treasure Coast rock!
MaryEllen Twichell wrested this beauty from it's watery resting places somewhere on the Cabin Wreck this afternoon.
Great job by the whole crew, from Captain Kym who parked the boat on the right spot, all the way through....You folks are a great team. I appreciate all that you do and we have MUCH more to find this year and in years to come.
Here are some preliminary pictures of The Eight Reale Rock.
View attachment 1742980
View attachment 1742981
View attachment 1742982

Wow!!! If I were them, I'd leave it concreted to the rock, great for any desktop or museum display.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, I have a Twitter account, if you like maybe put some of these pics on there with bits of info injected. Your name could be linked to FB page. But Spain and other countries will be sure to notice, any objections, please let me know first... some night when I'm bored can put them up.

OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill, I have a Twitter account, if you like maybe put some of these pics on there with bits of info injected. Your name could be linked to FB page. But Spain and other countries will be sure to notice, any objections, please let me know first... some night when I'm bored can put them up.

Be my guest and thanks! I feel that everyone ought to get to share in the history.

Rob Westrick and Doug Goethel were here the other day and we went through every coin. The crown of the find is the 1617 8 reale clumped with 3 8 reale cobs, but every coin is well centered and very'pretty' as far as we can see. Rob and Doug both commented that this was a very unusual group of coins, being that there were no coins that were outliers.
We all agree that this group of coins were probably all in one pouch/pocket and that this pouch belonged to someone who probably had an affinity or perhaps a professional interest in coinage. We'll likely never know, but I do enjoy trying to figure who the person was that owned the artfacts that we find..

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be my guest and thanks! I feel that everyone ought to get to share in the history.
Ok, all I need to do now, is wait for a good time to launch them on the Twitter machine... it does get results, once had a Fox News commentator following me on there for about 2 weeks.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had 2 batches successfully lauched from the Twitter pad now. Will be one final 3rd lauch yet, problem is way too much political stuff on there lately. First batch got all mixed up between a series of White House tweets.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the great post

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super-SUPERIOR relics and coins...! :icon_thumright:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been too busy to get the last ones. Sunday early afternoon was the time of the 2nd batch, which can be the busiest day of the week. There was a singer on there the whole afternoon, tweeting back and forth with a fan of hers. Most of my 1715 tweets of the Carib, ended up being caught right between theirs. So, I'd check the feed each time see how things turned out. Singer finally told the fan she could get a job at her record label.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, I see you joined me on Twitter, thanks for retweeting everything... just a heads up, rest of them probably soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread