The Queen’s Jewels from 1715 fleet
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Queen’s Jewels from 1715 fleet

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Aug 2019
    El Paso, Texas
    4
    13 times
    Shipwrecks

    Ring The Queen’s Jewels from 1715 fleet

    Hello all I saw a few threads on the 1715 fleet and one on the Queen’s Jewels and there’s a few questions I’d like to ask. 1. Even if the jewels are found and brought up, would they be in wearable condition? 2. Would they be mainly for women or would they be unisex? 3. If any, would there be any pieces for men? And 4. What kind of jewelry pieces were there?

  2. #2
    us
    Jul 2015
    titusville fla
    13
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    hello LOOTDIGGER checkout the museum online about the fleet its got a lot of info where are you? im in Brevard co and detect the beaches as much as I can want yo go hit me up.

  3. #3

    Aug 2019
    El Paso, Texas
    4
    13 times
    Shipwrecks
    Im from El Paso, Texas and I’ll send you a PM this evening. Do you have the link to the online museum?

  4. #4
    us
    Stickmarsh Jedi Master

    Mar 2014
    Florida Treasure Coast
    Tesoro Sand Shark...... Atomic SV2 snorkel...... Scubapro Jet Fins................... Mares Puck dive computer....... Sherwood Silhouette BCD....... Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
    1,380
    1365 times
    Shipwrecks
    Quote Originally Posted by LootDigger View Post
    Hello all I saw a few threads on the 1715 fleet and one on the Queen’s Jewels and there’s a few questions I’d like to ask. 1. Even if the jewels are found and brought up, would they be in wearable condition? 2. Would they be mainly for women or would they be unisex? 3. If any, would there be any pieces for men? And 4. What kind of jewelry pieces were there?
    I'm sure they will look fabulous on you. Post pics when you find them.
    "Today's the day!" - Mel Fisher

  5. #5
    pt
    Oct 2009
    Lisbon
    982
    333 times
    They don't exist. Take this from a certified spanish-speaking, archival researcher.

  6. #6

    Jul 2014
    206
    261 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Was there ever any correspondence from King Philip V of Spain to the Viceroy of New Spain Duque de Linares requesting gifts for the Queen. Perhaps in the timeframe of Sept 1714 thru Dec 1714 when the engagement began?

    Jack Haskins report said the President of the Audiencia of Guadalajara placed gifts for the Queen on Ubilla's Capitana.
    The President of the Audiencia of Guadalajara served as second in command to the Viceroy of New Spain.

  7. #7
    pt
    Oct 2009
    Lisbon
    982
    333 times
    The lore about the still missing "8 chests full of jewels belonging to the Spanish Queen" is just that: lore to lure in suckers...err, sorry, investors.



    Quote Originally Posted by ROBOTCOP13 View Post
    Was there ever any correspondence from King Philip V of Spain to the Viceroy of New Spain Duque de Linares requesting gifts for the Queen. Perhaps in the timeframe of Sept 1714 thru Dec 1714 when the engagement began?

    Jack Haskins report said the President of the Audiencia of Guadalajara placed gifts for the Queen on Ubilla's Capitana.
    The President of the Audiencia of Guadalajara served as second in command to the Viceroy of New Spain.

  8. #8

    Jul 2014
    206
    261 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yeah, I kind of lured myself in.

    Nobody else to blame but me.

    Beach find now we're looking in the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  9. #9

    Jul 2014
    206
    261 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    For Researchers

    For a different perspective on Colonial Spain, Professors I corresponded with:

    Edward R. Slack, Jr - Professor of History at Eastern Washington University.
    Publications "The Chinos in New Spain: A Corrective Lens for a Distorted Image" in Journal of World History 20.1 (March 2009)

    "Sinifying New Spain: Cathay's Influence on Colonial Mexico via the Nao de China" in Journal of Chinese Overseas 5.1 (May 2009)

    "Orientalizing New Spain: Perspectives on Asian Influence in Colonial Mexico" in Mexico y la Cuenca del Pacifico 15.43 (January - April 2012)

    Aaron Alejandro Olivas - Assistant Professor of History at Texas A&M International Univ. (Laredo, Tx.)

    Book "Loyalty and Disloyalty in Spanish America during the War of the Spanish Succession (1700-1715)"

    The Chino Guild of Mexico was so respected by the Viceroy of Mexico that he chartered them to manage the Manila Galleon fair in Acapulco. He believed he could trust them to collect the Royal tax.
    TRG, Billieg, Blak bart and 1 others like this.

  10. #10
    us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    388
    815 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I took a year off and moved to Vero beach to hunt. The year before a couple of guys found all kinds of Spanish coins on Wabasso beach after a storm. I hunted almost everyday and talked to many guys who live there and who traveled there to hunt and no one found jewels. I hunted 60 miles North and South of Vero and found only a few silver cobs. I even went out after a hurricane where the beach was down 10' - 15'. I've lived in Fl for 48 years now and have been detecting for over 35 and have never heard of any jewels being found on either coast. They may be there but the coral has claimed them if they are.
    Looking for a hunting buddy in or around Deltona Fl.

  11. #11
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Excaliber II with homemade straight shaft; Equinox 800
    521
    360 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    I took a year off and moved to Vero beach to hunt. The year before a couple of guys found all kinds of Spanish coins on Wabasso beach after a storm. I hunted almost everyday and talked to many guys who live there and who traveled there to hunt and no one found jewels. I hunted 60 miles North and South of Vero and found only a few silver cobs. I even went out after a hurricane where the beach was down 10' - 15'. I've lived in Fl for 48 years now and have been detecting for over 35 and have never heard of any jewels being found on either coast. They may be there but the coral has claimed them if they are.
    Detectorists don't always make public what they find.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark


    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    16,540
    30371 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    People don't post some items for good reason.

  13. #13
    RTR
    RTR is offline
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

    Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    4,316
    15459 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    List of 1715 fleet ships & cargo they carried (per manifest) https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...x99-2ahc8k.htm

  14. #14

    Sep 2005
    583
    440 times
    Shhhh!
    RTR and William the Conqueror like this.

  15. #15
    RTR
    RTR is offline
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

    Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    4,316
    15459 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by PhipsFolly View Post
    Shhhh!
    Speaking of 'Shhhh'....... On the 22nd I sent you a PM and have heard no reply

 

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2017, 08:05 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 27, 2015, 02:15 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 08, 2012, 12:23 PM
  4. 1715 Treasure Fleet Search for the Queens Jewels
    By Galleon Hunter in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 14, 2009, 10:05 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0