ASK THE RED TIDE EXPERTS" MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL AT 10:30 A.M. EDT FRIDAY

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ASK THE RED TIDE EXPERTS" MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL AT 10:30 A.M. EDT FRIDAY

October 18, 2007

MEDIA ALERT: "ASK THE RED TIDE EXPERTS" MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL AT 10:30 A.M. EDT FRIDAY

A panel of experts invites the media to attend a teleconference explaining the basics of Florida’s red tide. The purpose of the call is to assist media outlets in geographic locations that may not commonly experience red tides. The call will occur at 10:30 a.m. EDT, Friday, Oct. 19, and will include experts from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s (FWC) Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI), Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota, the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDOACS).

Florida red tide blooms are most common off the coasts of Central and Southwest Florida. However, in late September, scientists confirmed the presence of red tide blooms in the western Florida Panhandle and off of Florida’s northeast coast. Researchers continue to receive reports of fish kills and respiratory irritation associated with these blooms.

Residents and visitors to the Florida Panhandle and the state’s east coast may be less familiar with red tide than those who live in other parts of the state. Readers and viewers may have questions about how red tide affects humans and how it affects animals, especially the fish and shellfish that may be on residents’ dinner plates.

The conference call will bring together experts to discuss red tide basics and allow members of the media to ask questions about “Karenia brevis,” the Florida red tide organism. The experts will provide a general overview of Florida red tide, provide information about consumer seafood safety basics, and discuss how red tide affects humans, as well as current health-related studies that are under way. The panel members will also discuss current resources for both media and members of the public interested in learning more about red tide.

The conference call will be moderated by Wendy Quigley, outreach coordinator for FWRI, and organized by Nadine Slimak, public relations manager at Mote Marine Laboratory.

A panel of red tide experts will provide information on the specifics of the current situation. Jay Abbott, fisheries and wildlife biologist with FWRI, will address Florida red tide basics. Dr. Barbara Kirkpatrick, manager of the Environmental Health Program at the Mote Marine Laboratory, will address current research studies on human health impacts. Andy Reich, aquatic toxins coordinator with FDOH, will address impacts on public human health and provide recommendations from FDOH during a red tide outbreak. David Heil, bureau chief of FDOACS, will address shellfish seafood safety. Information will also be given to the media regarding available resources from each of the agencies. A question-and-answer period will follow the presentations. Questions outside the expertise of the panelists will not be addressed during this call and may be deferred to other experts.

Media should call 800-391-1709, using the pass code, “453516.” Callers will be asked to state their name and affiliation. By participating, callers give their consent to be recorded. Call-in access closes at 10:35 a.m. EDT. During the question and answer period, callers can press 5* (asterisk) to ask a question.

To view this media alert online, visit http://research.myfwc.com/news/view_article.asp?id=29696

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Re: ASK THE RED TIDE EXPERTS" MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL AT 10:30 A.M. EDT FRIDAY

This really grips me to no end.
THERE IS NO REASON FOR THERE TO BE A "RED TIDE" ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
I perfected a CURE for the RED TIDE.
It was tested at the Oregon State University in Portland. Which my son was a student at the time.
The LAB techs brought in a sample of RED TIDE.
I applied MY INVENTION SOLUTION and within 12 minutes the RED TIDE was DEAD 100%.
To show that this product would not hard Plant, Animal or Marine Life I poured a 1/2 cup of this solution into a coffee cup and drink it in front of all that were there. From the same gallon jug I poured 1/4 cup into a 100 gallon fish tank filled with salt water marine creatures. I then poured another 1/4 cup into another 100 gallon fresh water fish tank filled with marine creatures.
I then used 4 teaspoons of this same solution and added it to a 5 gallon container of RED TIDE.
In 10 minutes the RED TIDE WAS DEAD and I mean 100% DEAD.
Testing was done on the marine creatures everyday for over 2 months and not a single creature died. Even the coral remained unharmed.
The Ph.d's got really interested quick. They asked me what in solution contained. The only thing that I told them was that the solution contained 5 ppm of fine silver along with a few other natural ingredients.
After a week I was informed that SILVER was considered a HEAVY METAL could not be used in the Ocean or anywhere else for that matter.
They asked me if I would leave them a sample for futher testing. I TOLD THESE EXPERTS "NO WAY" AND POURED WHAT WAS LEFT DOWN THE TOILET AFTER TAKING A DRINK FIRST.
Then PEG LEG left the building.
So if you get tired of trying to breath when you go to the beach then by all means THANK those who do not know SH**.
I can PROVE to anyone here IT WORKS.
Peg leg

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

There was another product that I worked on and that was creating a MIL DEW resistant paint.
This product was tested on a few wooden cabins near the Oregon coast line at a Resort known as the Flying M Ranch.
The outside of the cabins were covered with a green alge.
All I did was spray this soultion to one side of the cabins. Within a week the area that was sprayed lost all the green covering.
Never finished this process-ran out of funds.

I know that some of you question why I do what I do and I can honestly say I HAVE NO IDEA. :-\

Back to the RED TIDE.
This may not seem the right place to dscuss RED TIDE but how many divers out there would prefer diving in where the RED TIDE is or where it is NOT. How many of you would prefer to DIVE in an area where there is no RED TIDE PERIOD-ALL OF YOU RIGHT?
Hell, I have no Ph.d or even a G.E.D. But I know what I know.
Now the qustion is HOW MUCH WILL IT COST to solve this RED TIDE problem?
Here are a few things to consider.
Delivery.
This is done by sparying the area with this solution from a low flying aircraft like a C-130.
This type aircraft can carry about 15,000 gallons of solution.
Now consider that this solution is very cheap to manufacture-like about .25 cents per gallon. Now figure the cost of the CLEAN water itself or about $0.05 per gallon.
The major cost is the aircraft and the fuel BUT this aircraft can cover the whole infected area with a couple of hours. Within 24 hours you will be able to see the results-GUARANTEED.
If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM and we can talk about it in detail.
Sorry for taking up so much space but it does cover the SAFETY of the divers and everyone who lives near the ocean.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pegleg,

During red tide no one should go near the water,dive or fish or swim.had i known red tide was at new smyrna beach several months ago i never would have walked in the water.the infection i got in my left foot almost cost me my life.plus a month or more of severe pain and partial loss of vision in 1 eye.high fevers.Cities need to have signs posted warning about red tide.not just post something on a web site or in a news paper.not everyone is on the net 24/7 or read newspapers.had i known there was red tide i never would have gone to the beach.it was just at its starting point.no smell or dead fish.but deadly bacteria was there the infect anyone.or any living creature.

Very interesting.i just called one of those numbers at the FWC and asked one of the so called "experts" about red tide.he would not tell me anything about it affecting humans.he kept saying call the dept of health.i told him that the paper had posted that there was red tide in new smyrna beach several months ago an he said there was no red tide till just less than a month ago.so why would the orlando sentinal write that there was a red tide if there wasnt.why did i get infected if there was no red tide?the "expert" said that they dont even test for red tide till they start seeing or getting reports of dead fish.i think this is a great case for personal injury lawsuit.i have the medical bills to back it up.maybe something else is in the water,like raw sewage or pollution,who knows.only the "experts" would know since its their job to test the water.be it lakes,rivers and ocean.someone is not doing their job.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Don: you should have gotten a letter from that University professor stating that your product does indeed kill red tide. Then you should have patented it. Once the patent comes through, you have to make sure it passes the EPA (or what govt agency regulates something like this) as safe, then you market it to coastal city governments and whatnot. Then you buy that 24K gold wheelchair and live out a nice retirement. ;D ;D

OR hand it over to one of your kids to do the same.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

mad4wrecks said:
Don: you should have gotten a letter from that University professor stating that your product does indeed kill red tide. Then you should have patented it. Once the patent comes through, you have to make sure it passes the EPA (or what govt agency regulates something like this) as safe, then you market it to coastal city governments and whatnot. Then you buy that 24K gold wheelchair and live out a nice retirement. ;D ;D

OR hand it over to one of your kids to do the same.
I went this route and found that you cannot PATENT a natural product and since this solution consist of all NATURAL PRODUCTS I cannot get a PATENT.
So I do not give anyone information on the contents except to say it contains no less tha 5ppm of .999 silver and all other ingredients are NATURAL and NOT harmfull to any Humans, Animals, Plants or the Enviroment and I can PROVE IT.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you cant get a patent on it then you make it open source(that means anyone can do whatever they want with it but not sell it)to benifit man/womankind and to better the waterways.you could be famous just doing that.money could come in other ways like tv interviews,who knows someone may even want to make a movie about you.the possibilities are endless when you are famous.just make a web site or many websites put all the info on how to make it on all of them,mail letters to all your friends even the news teams,newspapers etc.this way the gov can do nothing to stop you.friends of mine that have devices that use no fuel are making thier device open source.they just spread the info all over so that its not in one place.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

fisheye,
How is your vision RIGHT NOW.
How are you feeling RIGHT NOW.
Snd me a PM and we will talk.
Peg leg

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

WARNING
RED TIDE IS THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN IN THE FLAGER BEACH AREA.
ALL RESIDENTS ARE TOLD NOT TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE BEACH AREA
AND TO CLOSE THEIR DOORS AND WINDOWS AND TO STAY INSIDE
OR
LEAVE THE AREA
UNTIL IT IS SAFE TO RETURN.

And they said it would never happen.
Oh it is heading south.
BE SAFE EVERYONE
Peg leg

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

Spent the day at St. Augustine looking for a place to live.
Met the 2 Flagler College students. I think that I have a couple of RESEACHERS involved into THing.
Oh, There was NOT a single sign that I could see WARNING people about the RED TIDE.
There was about 10,000 Bikers in Old Town.
I hope to open my PEG LEGS Grog and Grub sometime next year.
Later
Peg leg

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006

the last 2 years red tide over here has been bad i belive the cause was connected to the state dumping waste from a phosphate mine that went out of buisness and left lakes of acid and phosphurus they bumped it out with a pipe line into port manatee and buy barge off shore off course they claimed it was safe but with common sense dont you think that red tide being an algea and phosphate company waste is a fertilizer surely there is a connection

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

They finally quit dumping it in April of this year, so they say. The State was dumping it by barge just upstream from where the red tide originates. The researchers feel it(red tide) is coming from off Pinelass or Polk County, and then drifting South with the Gulf Stream and the State was dumping it there. Right on top of the area! There was a website that kept track of the dumping, and at max I think they were dumping 53 million gallons a day, a lot of 25 million gallon days, but for the last 3 years it was an average of 1/2 million gallons a day, non stop. As soon as they started dumping in 2004, the worst red tide ever hit, and lasted until last year. In the peak of it, I think summer 2005 there were something like 350 dolphins that were accounted dead, 1000s of sea turtles, 300+ manatees and 1 sperm whale and of course billions of fish. That was in just 3 months. In the article they said it was directly from red tide. Mote Marine labs is supported mainly by the State. They do articles and talks about it,(red tide) and they really dont say anything about all that dumping. I have lived here in Sarasota County for over 50 years and that was definetly the worst and longest red tide I have ever seen.

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So much for the state saying they are protecting sea turtles,dolphins and manatees.and they worry about us treasure salvors killing a oyster or moving some sea grass or stepping on some sea oats on the dunes.when is the state going to be held accountable for thier crimes?

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON

FISHEYE said:
October 18, 2007

MEDIA ALERT: "ASK THE RED TIDE EXPERTS" MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL AT 10:30 A.M. EDT FRIDAY

A panel of experts invites the media to attend a teleconference explaining the basics of Florida’s red tide. The purpose of the call is to assist media outlets in geographic locations that may not commonly experience red tides. The call will occur at 10:30 a.m. EDT, Friday, Oct. 19, and will include experts from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s (FWC) Fish and Wildlife Research Institute (FWRI), Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota, the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDOACS).
So who went? What did you learn (if anything)?
Gord

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.

I am currently living in Melbourne Florida, Brevard county. During this last week I have been detecting at the beach 3 times. Today was my 3rd beach hunt. I had to quit early each day due to caughing, burning eyes, runny nose and today I even had a headache. When I got home I did some research on red tide on the internet and also here on treasurenet and found this thread. While surfing the net I found many sites that told about red tide and the effects on animals and humans. On one Florida site it gives the stats and a map of where red tide is along both coast of Florida. They report that Brevard county shows no ppm of bloom. Well, I choose to not believe that. Everyone that I talk to on the beach are very aware of the symptoms that people, even 2 miles inland, are having at this time. I start having the symptoms as soon as I step out of the car at the beach and catch a whiff of the east wind. One gentleman on the beach, who is a long time resident, told me why I was caughing while on the beach. He said it was red tide. I had heard that this was happening up north and if it was down here then why aren't the beaches posted??? He said it all has to do with not wanting to alarm the tourist since holiday season is here. I am from the NW. When there is a red tide up in the NW almost every beach is posted, probably mostly due to the claming that goes on there.
Anyway, according to the testing they are doing, there isn't any problem here along our coast. I beg to differ. I get symptoms much like an allergy. I think they may be testing the water close in to the beach and not finding anything and possibly the east wind is blowing it in from miles out at sea??? Whatever the deal is, I can't hunt the beach until the wind starts switching around to another direction. We live about 5 miles from the beach and Elisa has been suffering for about 2 weeks, thinking she has been having some kind of 'bug'. I am starting to believe that is has to do with red tide. ?????

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Highwater,

I think what we have here is a lack of communication problem with the state of florida workers and thier state website thats never updated due to lazy worthless public funded from our taxes state workers.plus the fact that they want to downplay the red tide so they dont lose any money from tourists.i think what it takes to get them off thier lazy a$$'s is a phone call to a local news station.bad tv news seems to always work to put a fire underneath them.i couldnt believe what i head from this so called red tide expert when i called the day of thier teleconference.he told me that there was no red tide in the area at the time of getting my foot infected.i told him how would you know if no one ever tested the water.then he told me that the water was being tested every day.thats funny that i have never in my living in florida for over 30 years an spending weeks at a time at the beaches has ever seen anyone testing water at the beach.he told me to call the health dept.so what they are doing is passing the buck cause they cant and wont do thier jobs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions