Updates from Search and Salvage and Shipwreck Salvage Symposium.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
hi folks...
Just a couple of notes about a couple of things that are in the planning stages:

NOTE !) Our archaeology expedition is on hold until the governmental agency that administers the area in which the wreck lays decides to allow us to go work. The permit is "in limbo".. Apparently all the permits in the FKNMS are presently in limbo. It may become our spring archaeology expedition.
I will go ahead and put the finishing touches on a provisional itinerary and a provisional budg[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]et and will be contacting interested parties with that document for planning purposes. No decisions or actions will be necessary until we get a governmental green light.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]When we get the go ahead, I will carve out some dates and we'll see what we can get accomplished in the clear waters of the Keys.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]NOTE 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The 1st Annual Shipwreck Salvage Archaeology Symposium is still in the planning stages. We are aiming for March 1 to April 12. Any later in April is too close to the 12th Annual Cookout. The location will be in the Melbourne/Canaveral/Orlando area, depending on where we can get the best connections, meeting facilities and accommodations at some reasonable cost.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We have had several people contact us to inquire about presenting, and several companies who have expressed interest in being a part of the Symposium.
I will be putting together a crew to help with this effort, so let me know if you are interested and able.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you are interested in attending, presenting or being a sponsor please let me know.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Join this group to stay up to date...and be sure to set the notifications to "All" or "See First".[/FONT]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/428052141349640/

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the "gurreo" project if I was to guess ?? I hope you get your green light bill !! I've been mildly following along as it's been dragging along for years now. I did locate that site a few months ago Screenshot_20190912-092659_Maps.jpg or what I think is the site. What a ballast pile !! Good luck !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread