Anyone up for a one day fall treasure diving seminar?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sooooo.... for you folks who would like to know more about treasure diving, from
1) choosing and outfitting a boat, to
2) Piloting, anchoring, setting up and doing a good excavation, to
3) Metal detecting underwater - the real difference between finding and NOT finding, to
4)Where to look. Ummmm....well...maybe or maybe not..
all that and a question and answer session with the people that did the presentations above.
What I am thinking of arranging is a one day seminar here in Sebastian with real live experts doing presentations on the above topics and answering your questions. (and no - I am not one of the experts)
THIS IS NOT THE SYMPOSIUM...this is more of a casual school for aspiring treasure divers/boat owners/captains.
Cost would be 50 or 60 bucks per person. Date would be sometime in November before Thanksgiving. if that is workable,
If you'd be interested in attending, leave a comment or get in touch with me.

Thanks!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in North Central Florida, and I would love to attend such a seminar. Would it include information on what is and is not legal in regards to treasure diving in Florida? If so, I'm in!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Does the $60 include lunch?

Just kidding, Capn Bill. I'll be there. I need all the edumacation I can get.

Mike

OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is HERE!
November 23rd, 2019 mark the 1st Annual Treasure Coast Treasure Divers Seminar at the Sebastian Community Center, 1805 N Central Ave, Sebastian, FL
It's going to be a great chance to learn from the best and network with people in the business.
Our lineup is not yet complete, but so far we have these fine folks and a possible visit from Taffi Fisher Abt:.
>>Terry Armstrong, Merritt Island FL historian, author, salvor, publisher and software developer will be doing a presentation on his new DigFindR program.:.
>> Ace Ridgely - salvor, jeweler, AquaPulse expert.
>> Jonah Martinez - Salvor, boat captain, Expert detectorist.
>>Steve McAdoo - Salvor, boat whiz, expert detectorist.
I (Bill Black) will sit still and answer some questions if someone can think of one I can answer. :)
Some facts:
Topics will include shipwreck salvage archaeology,
Mapping and how to make better use of the data collected,
boat selection, setup and operation as well as lots of information about how to effectively and efficiently make use of your time on the bottom with a metal detector.
Presentations will be <scheduled> for about 45 minutes each with a 10 to 15 minute Q and A session after each.
We will begin at 0900. Morning session should be over around noon.
There are several restaurants within a few blocks. (*See below)
The afternoon session will be from 1 to 4 PM.
Doors lock up at 430 PM.
Tables and chairs will be set up, but if you have some special chair that will be more comfortable to sit in for several hours, we will try to make sure you are accommodated.
You may take notes or make audio recordings for personal use.
Other than official videographers, no video recordings over 5 minutes will be allowed.
There will be a video of the event available within the next few months if there is sufficient interest.
We may also do a series of short Facebook Live throughout the day for those who cannot attend to see what they are missing
1f642.png
:)

(* Captain Butcher's, Squid Lips, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Las Palmas Cuban restaurant, Ay Jalisco - Mexican)

73515759_141217550620939_6704336957125689344_o.jpg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Give me at least a week notice and I will be there.

OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This one is this Saturday, November 23, 2019 , but there is always spring. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread