NOAA at it again in the Keys

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My signature says it all. They just won't stop!!

It would amaze and surprise most citizens of this country, when their dream, at the greatest of costs, was realized, the agents of respective governments would, on the most flimsy grounds, lay claim to the treasure.

#SayNoToNOAA

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/saynotonoaa?source=feed_text&epa=HASHTAG

https://www.facebook.com/events/1245371968975376/

They pretend to listen....

https://www.regulations.gov/comment...Ha1ex1igeOEFbP1FWU7uPNcDW_D6vTCBYAIEPGXEvkRSw

Alternative 1 with revisions would be preferable than any of the other options!

Last edited:

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what happens when people like us (me included) don't do enough and other people with jobs that leave them with nothing to do find something to do and it usually invades our rights!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a big deal and people are downright pissed. Not just treasure hunters. They want to fine us if we dont have permits. Can you imagine pulling away from your house in the boat and being fined as soon as you exit your canal for not having a permit to go where I always went before !! Its why we all live here....to have unfettered access to the water we grew up on. No way !! Great way to push us islanders to the breaking point. Itll get ugly if they keep pushing it.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They better realize that us conchs have salvaged wrecks, fished the waters, and dug treasures since before there was such a thing as an american federal bureaucracy !! That's my cultural heritage !! We conchs have a set of sub skills ingrained in our DNA.....its called smuggling, poaching, and piracy !! It would be sad to see the locals forced to the dark side once again by overreaching federal regulation.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not gonna keep me from diving in the lease box tomorrow !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy....there are some really unfamily friendly things I'd like to say......I'm thankful that the rules here at t-net have kept me from potentially saying something that would make me sound like a stark raving lunatic !!

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
People have been dragging anchor chains across the "coral rocks" for the last 50 years that I have peronally seen. How long will they have to stop anchoring and dragging their anchor chains to recover from that damage, that includes dragging traps. 10 years, 20 years, 50 years. We've mechanically destroyed the reefs over the years without realizing it in my lifetime with our anchor chains

As far as wrecks and NOAA,look up the history of how Coffins Patch was "managed"

When they ask for "stake holder" input, forget about it, policy has been made and this is just a box that needs to be checked

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thousands and thousands of lobster traps bash the reef weekly.....miles and miles of trap rope are entangled in the reefs from beyond the tortugas all the way to central florida. It took myself years to get it right and fish traps correctly. Guys wonder why they cant catch ??? Its because you dropped your trap in the reef and it's all busted up and destroying the reef !! In the last 15 years we rarely if ever get our gear fouled in the reef, and if we do we work hard to retrieve it. Many are not as careful as us and I have to think knowing what I know that these traps have done more damage than any other contributing factor.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Personally..I'd prefer to just break out the pitchforks in regards to our "legislator's"....and yes, I do mean that in a literal sense. I havn't the time or money to spend weeks and months trying to hold these thieves in check...the "American Dream" is just that...a dream...thanks to the past 40 years of "save us from ourselves" policy wonks.

ag

* NOTE*.... You can't even download the proposed legislation to read it... " network error"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread