He Thinks He Found $55M in Gold. Theres a Problem - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: He Thinks He Found $55M in Gold. Theres a Problem

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    ARC

    Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    20,715
    51175 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    1000 feet the pressure is immense.

    Standard Go Pro housing will stand at roughly 130 feet... but I think there was mention of them making their own... so perhaps lights etc were also made.

    Good story though.
    Salvor6 and PetesPockets55 like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

  2. #17
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    222
    337 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre View Post
    Really nice reading. Thanks for that.

    You're welcome
    Alexandre and PetesPockets55 like this.

  3. #18
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

    Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    3,531
    1788 times
    Shipwrecks
    AARC is right. The GoPro camera is rated at 130 feet. At 1000 feet it would be crushed the size of a golf ball.

  4. #19
    us
    ARC

    Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    20,715
    51175 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvor6 View Post
    AARC is right. The GoPro camera is rated at 130 feet. At 1000 feet it would be crushed the size of a golf ball.
    heh... they aren't much bigger than a golf ball to begin with... err or at least the one I have isn't.

    So... lets say... It would be crushed to the size of a ping pong ball... errr or even a large olive... or large grape... or.... fig.... OR... :P

    Anyway...

    It would implode to smithereens, heh
    Bum Luck and PetesPockets55 like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

  5. #20

    Mar 2014
    419
    639 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    heh... they aren't much bigger than a golf ball to begin with... err or at least the one I have isn't.

    So... lets say... It would be crushed to the size of a ping pong ball... errr or even a large olive... or large grape... or.... fig.... OR... :P

    Anyway...

    It would implode to smithereens, heh
    It would most likely flood. Implode...probably not. You are only talking about it being subjected to 440 odd psig. Thatís totally doable for a garage built ROV. Story stinks. But the physics are by no means insurmountable especially if you are just taking pictures or video. Hell any decent dive watch is rated for 10 atm and thatís without a screw down crown and uncaptured O-ring.
    Using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    us
    ARC

    Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    20,715
    51175 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just did a search... seems my "rating" may be off on the Go pro,,,

    "The HD HERO Original, HD HERO2, and HERO3 cameras come in a protective waterproof case that is capable of withstanding depths of up to 197 feet "
    PetesPockets55 likes this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

  7. #22
    us
    Oct 2009
    8,909
    8089 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    still doesnt make any sense. WHY is a bottom trawling fisherman putting lights and cameras on his net? Makes no sense. They dont care what else is down there, just run the net, haul it and dump the fish in the tank, repeat until full or out of fuel.
    AARC likes this.

  8. #23
    us
    ARC

    Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    20,715
    51175 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    here is a go pro at 350 ... seems no probs.

    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

  9. #24
    us
    Oct 2009
    8,909
    8089 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    yeah but there no way to know what housing this was in. factory? industrial? homemade? plastic? steel, aluminum...
    AARC likes this.

  10. #25
    Charter Member

    Aug 2019
    Formerly Ohio, now south
    231
    282 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    you can't view anything without Subscribing to the website , I'm not doing that ..
    I wont click on links either.

  11. #26
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    222
    337 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Force_of_Iron View Post
    I wont click on links either.
    Baloney, I refuse to join a club, or sign up for anything.

    All I did was go there and read the story, and look at the pictures.

    You guys probably suffer through the ads on youtube, and pop ups, and all that other garbage.

    I haven't seen "any" in years.

    You want some pointers on how to get rid of all that stuff, no problem, I'll help you.

    "But don't come off talking about me like I'm some kind of spammer laying traps for you guys."

    You can kiss my shiny stainless steel butt

  12. #27

    Dec 2012
    74
    43 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Dragging in California in 'sensitive' areas big-thing. In article it details why he went thru effort to perfect net that doesn't scrape bottom and destroy structure the Greenies are protecting. I've seen these guys(including 'Pioneer') unloading at Fishermans Wharf SF many times. Tough way to make a living. It's funny as the commercial crabbers I knew blank-blank them as they snag their crabpots. Wouldn't put it past someone 'stress-testing' a GoPro. My understanding was they wouldn't drag that deep i.e.: 1000'. We've gotten 'hang-charts' from other draggers in the past when we were tech-diving wrecks out the Golden Gate and they guard them like Crown-Jewels. Spent 2-days in the chamber at Travis AFB so our days of deep wrecks are gone and now concentrating on shallow au.

  13. #28

    Mar 2014
    419
    639 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lukdiver View Post
    Dragging in California in 'sensitive' areas big-thing. In article it details why he went thru effort to perfect net that doesn't scrape bottom and destroy structure the Greenies are protecting. I've seen these guys(including 'Pioneer') unloading at Fishermans Wharf SF many times. Tough way to make a living. It's funny as the commercial crabbers I knew blank-blank them as they snag their crabpots. Wouldn't put it past someone 'stress-testing' a GoPro. My understanding was they wouldn't drag that deep i.e.: 1000'. We've gotten 'hang-charts' from other draggers in the past when we were tech-diving wrecks out the Golden Gate and they guard them like Crown-Jewels. Spent 2-days in the chamber at Travis AFB so our days of deep wrecks are gone and now concentrating on shallow au.
    Iím kind of surprised they sent you to Travis and not Wrigley. And 2 days in a chamber sounds like abject hell.
    Using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Charter Member

    Aug 2019
    Formerly Ohio, now south
    231
    282 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Just did a search... seems my "rating" may be off on the Go pro,,,

    "The HD HERO Original, HD HERO2, and HERO3 cameras come in a protective waterproof case that is capable of withstanding depths of up to 197 feet "
    Yeah but everyone here has seen submarine movies where they go way below their rated depths so there's that.

    Just curious if you encased the same camera into a thick crystal sphere. What depth could you take it to?

  15. #30

    Mar 2014
    419
    639 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Force_of_Iron View Post
    Yeah but everyone here has seen submarine movies where they go way below their rated depths so there's that.

    Just curious if you encased the same camera into a thick crystal sphere. What depth could you take it to?
    Thatís pretty nebulous. A think crystal sphere, thick sealed and seamless.... Bottom of Challenger Deep.
    Using Tapatalk

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Found in corn field ? Not sure what. I thinks it copper
    By Monet4sky in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2019, 03:51 PM
  2. Problem with AT Gold
    By pistol-pete in forum Garrett
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 22, 2015, 09:44 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2014, 02:52 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2013, 08:49 PM
  5. ace 250 problem found!
    By coolcash2004 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2006, 10:16 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0