Gold ship sunk in Calif. desert

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have followed this story since I was 12 (1969). Every TV special/story I've seen and read about, never found anything of real significance. Great story though.:skullflag:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing more than pulp fiction. If it was there, it would have been found. Too many eyes, airplanes and satellites for a ship laying in the desert to remain unfound.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I gotta say.The geological explanation set forth in the show(on how a ship wound up in the desert) seems both bazaar and plausible.

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA

With Reality Series, ... its a wonderful thing to not actually be burdened by "reality"... When you are making up a story getting permits, dealing with crooked bureaucrats, lobbyists, jealous and non productive partners can just be fit in to enhance your story boards....

Genuine "Exploration" is so much more difficult to make happen in the 21st century with all the competing interest groups who use the public's lack of understanding of environmental and sociological issues concerning a free enterprise ethic being bent by some to swindle investors...

I, for one - now like a living dinosaur am lucky to be able to say... "been there, done that"...

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the Maya Empire relocate to America? How did Merriweather Lewis really die? Where did the Ark of the Covenant end up after being smuggled out of Jerusalem? Explorers Justin Fornal and Emiliano Ruprah use historical maps as well as modern imaging techniques to examine these mysteries in UNEXPLAINED AND UNEXPLORED, premiering Sunday, Nov. 10 at 10 pm ET only on Science Channel.

Though no one map holds the whole picture of these mysteries, Justin and Emiliano cross-reference the information held within them, spurring the pair to launch new, in-depth investigations. Expert researchers and laser mapping tools help locate the mythical outposts detailed in these maps and unravel the mysteries behind their disappearances

From another source:
There were many ships that made it to the Salten Sink as it was part of the Salten Sea. Look at the water line marks all around the mtns and the giant 4 ft long fish fossils embedded as well as 3ft snail fossils. factoid.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing more than pulp fiction. If it was there, it would have been found. Too many eyes, airplanes and satellites for a ship laying in the desert to remain unfound.

though you are probably right, there is plenty of evidence in deserts of lost cultures that remain buried in the sand that is only now showing up with new tech....so it is possible.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[FONT=&]Did the Maya Empire relocate to America? How did Merriweather Lewis really die? Where did the Ark of the Covenant end up after being smuggled out of Jerusalem? Explorers Justin Fornal and Emiliano Ruprah use historical maps as well as modern imaging techniques to examine these mysteries in UNEXPLAINED AND UNEXPLORED, premiering Sunday, Nov. 10 at 10 pm ET only on Science Channel.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
Though no one map holds the whole picture of these mysteries, Justin and Emiliano cross-reference the information held within them, spurring the pair to launch new, in-depth investigations. Expert researchers and laser mapping tools help locate the mythical outposts detailed in these maps and unravel the mysteries behind their disappearances

From another source:
[/FONT]
There were many ships that made it to the Salten Sink as it was part of the Salten Sea. Look at the water line marks all around the mtns and the giant 4 ft long fish fossils embedded as well as 3ft snail fossils. factoid.

4 to 6 million years ago, the area was part of an inland sea. A bit before sailing ships.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was on late in my area so I dvr'd it. Just watched it. It seemed to end with them digging a couple of holes in the sand. Is this to be continued?

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I watched it. But I watch In Search of Bigfoot reruns too. I have heard of the legend before and was a non-believer before I watched. Sad but it was still the best thing on.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 to 6 million years ago, the area was part of an inland sea. A bit before sailing ships.

I forgot the /s. :laughing7:

The "s" stands for sociology, for these stories fall under that category.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread