Researching New York’s Dutch Heritage

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
another great link Alexandre
(and I speculate; is it the value of formal education - or working in the field ?)

don't stop now (j/k)

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Both. I use my critical analysis to search for shipwrecks in the archives and then use the information to go to sea and actually find them. :)

another great link Alexandre
(and I speculate; is it the value of formal education - or working in the field ?)

don't stop now (j/k)

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Here, a 1673 wreck in East Hampton, NY.

Translation

25145_ca_object_representations_media_70353_large.jpg

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I just thought of something. That's a great way to plan your next year's vacation. Plan a archaeologist expedition for next summer off Southampton, Long Island, get some Government funding, spend a summer hobnobbing with the beautiful people all summer.

I grew up in Queens, NY. I get it!

OP
OP
Alexandre

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
I thought that was what TH did with their investor's money, but on the warmer waters of Florida and with no proper archival research done.. ;)

Hey, I just thought of something. That's a great way to plan your next year's vacation. Plan a archaeologist expedition for next summer off Southampton, Long Island, get some Government funding, spend a summer hobnobbing with the beautiful people all summer.

I grew up in Queens, NY. I get it!

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an investor in a salvage boat, I pull anchor lines on the boat and I research everything we find.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, but are you "proper" ?

Sure... if anything good is found... he will be "proper" screwed... right out of any of it...

by anyone or anything that thinks they can.

heh

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I guess ALL TH'er's are con men, cheats, and thieves based on the above generality...It gets SO old...and no, the smiley face does not make me feel better about the remark.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both. I use my critical analysis to search for shipwrecks in the archives and then use the information to go to sea and actually find them. :)

Then what?

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a whole industry built around it. Not that there's anything wrong with that but let's be real.
University's and museums buy those books at $250 each with tax payer dollars.
Lecture circuits, speaker fees, Archaeologist's salaries, grants, tax free foundations (not mentioning any names).
It's a lifestyle, not totally altruistic. A lot of "prestige" in being a noted "authority".

The Three Stooges used to make great movie shorts making fun of these people, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200201-082256_Maps.jpg
Old 18th century dutch barges on the hudson....at least I got some great artifacts from these old hulks and the surrounding land. There being destroyed and removed now after many years of no one caring about them. Now that they are stirring it all up I'll try and get some of the many great bottles here when I return next. Too bad the Archies didnt have time for these. Pretty productive spot for me.....and will still be my spot long after the wrecks are gone !!

I just go to sea and find them and then research what I've found !!

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just screwed up.

Cuomo and DeBlasio are now tracking you down.

Run Forest, run.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm safe....there working on important stuff like plastic straws, and 32 ounce sodas.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to clear those old wrecks out so the paper straw plant can be built....very important dont you know !!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1796718
Old 18th century dutch barges on the hudson....at least I got some great artifacts from these old hulks and the surrounding land. There being destroyed and removed now after many years of no one caring about them. Now that they are stirring it all up I'll try and get some of the many great bottles here when I return next. Too bad the Archies didnt have time for these. Pretty productive spot for me.....and will still be my spot long after the wrecks are gone !!

I just go to sea and find them and then research what I've found !!

Hey Bart!

How many archies can you put to "work" on them? Think of the reams after reams of paper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread