New Treasure Hunting TV show

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One caveat.., which is merely a reiteration of what is in the subcontracts we all sign on the 1715 Fleet.
No subcontractor is authorized to use any images, etc for any purpose without the express written permission of the Company.
I was reminded of this the other day when I signed our subcontract and would suggest that any other subcontractor take another look at that section.
This is the last place that one can hunt for Spanish treasure without a few million to grease the way...I, for one, am just happy to be here.
Some folks want to fuss about why there are leases and why not everyone can go out there and salvage...
Our fearless, feckless protectors that comprise the Governments of the world have slammed and locked the door on our fingers everywhere else and tried to do it here on the Treasure Coast. They would have succeeded, but for Mel Fisher and his company spending millions to fight it in court. If you want to salvage here badly enough, you can. I am living proof that anyone can put together an effort and have some success, so don't just complain...Do what I did...sell everything you can't haul to Florida, move and then proceed to make a plan. Follow through on the plan, modifying said plan when needed (daily). Keep going til you succeed.
See you out there!

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morale of the story: finders keepers does not exist anymore.
Hey Colombia, im just responding to this comment, to a degree this is true, but as you mention a new business model is required, i think thats more to the point, finders Keepers can still play a role, but that would need some serious legal backing first, If someone was to discover a wreck or site of interest, come up with a written contract to be sold to whichever country for the location of the wreck,(once verified and photographed evidence provided) it might be worth more then going through all the jump hoops to try and create a salvage operation.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
One caveat.., which is merely a reiteration of what is in the subcontracts we all sign.
No subcontractor is authorized to use any images, etc for any purpose without the express written permission of the Company.
I was reminded of this the other day when I signed our subcontract and would suggest that any other subcontractor take another look at that section.
This is the last place that one can hunt for Spanish treasure without a few million to grease the way...I, for one, am just happy to be here.
Some folks want to fuss about why there are leases and why not everyone can go out there and salvage...
Our fearless, feckless protectors that comprise the Governments of the world have slammed and locked the door on our fingers everywhere else and tried to do it here on the Treasure Coast. They would have succeeded, but for Mel Fisher and his company spending millions to fight it in court. If you want to salvage here badly enough, you can. I am living proof that anyone can put together an effort and have some success, so don't just complain...Do what I did...sell everything you can't haul to Florida, move and then proceed to make a plan. Follow through on the plan, modifying said plan when needed (daily). Keep going til you succeed.
See you out there!
Ropesfish, I have so much respect for this post. :icon_thumright:

Colombiapictures

May 7, 2010
Hey Colombia, im just responding to this comment, to a degree this is true, but as you mention a new business model is required, i think thats more to the point, finders Keepers can still play a role, but that would need some serious legal backing first, If someone was to discover a wreck or site of interest, come up with a written contract to be sold to whichever country for the location of the wreck,(once verified and photographed evidence provided) it might be worth more then going through all the jump hoops to try and create a salvage operation.

I wish that was true. Experience has shown that it is not.

In legality, the most important points are PRECEDENTS. To create a precedent is very difficult and costly. Been there, done that.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Difficult and costly, for sure. But it can be done as we did in Ecuador ('Capitana' 1654) by having the law changed from the salvor receiving 50% of the BULLION value (versus the coin market value)--and receiving a 10-year government bond for the bullion value TO.....50% of the actual recovery.
Our legal results became a precedent for others who soon followed us in Ecuador.
Don.....

Last edited:

BZN-es

Jan 25, 2020
Zaragoza
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

I think this could be a good opportunity for someone here,

I have been a member here for about 15 years, I don’t post as much as I used to, but I often come to read your amazing stories. I have been doing shipwreck research for nearly 20 years and for the last 8 years I have been the Senior Researcher for one of the leading marine salvage company who has successfully found and recovered over $600 million dollars’ worth of treasure. Currently I also work as a consultant a multi-award-winning international Film and Television production company who works with broadcasters like the BBC, Discovery, CNN, Channel 4, Nat Geo, ITV, History, A&E, Syfy, TLC and ID.

Right now I am working with the production team of a new treasure hunting TV show that will air in one of the top-rated channels. We are in the process of finding 8 to 12 stories for 60-minute episodes. It is a reality show, so I am looking for people who are actively searching for a treasure, or people who have done research and have found evidence that can lead to finding a treasure. If you think your story would make a great episode, send me a PM

And of course, this opportunity is only for those who can and want to share their story.
Hello Chagy,
I'm not from the United States, and I can only suggest that we make a documentary about Max Valentin's Golden Owl in France. I solved the 11 enigmas and it remains to dig the bronze owl. As proof, I can reveal some of the decisions.

Valentin
Zaragoza
Spain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread