Who actually has a license to SEARCH for and RECOVER Treasure from the 1715 Fleet?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bronzecannons
  • 1 Post By Au_Dreamers
  • 1 Post By Au_Dreamers
  • 1 Post By Au_Dreamers

Thread: Who actually has a license to SEARCH for and RECOVER Treasure from the 1715 Fleet?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Author: Shipwrecks & Sunken Treasure In Southeast Asia

Sep 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    61 times
    Shipwrecks

Who actually has a license to SEARCH for and RECOVER Treasure from the 1715 Fleet?

I have a serious question. Who actually has a license to legally search for and recover treasure from the 1715 Fleet (or any other EAST Coast FL wrecks for that matter)??

I have a very serious proposal for you. We are 99% sure we have located a wreck and want to form a partnership with you asap.

Sorry, can't really give out much details here due to paranoia (mainly from my associate.. not me) so please contact me asap so we can discuss further.

Thank you all, gentlemen.
    Tony Wells
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    1013 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There are a lot of knowledgeable people here with info on where to look for that info. They may have already contacted you since this thread seems eerily quiet. I believe I have seen threads in the last 4 months(?) with information about lease locations (with GPS coordinates) from Canaveral to Jensen Beach.

Licensing (for an existing lease site) would boil down to the location of the wreck, as there are many leases.
    Also, the proximity to the coast is another big factor in which entity has jurisdiction.

Best of luck in your quest in the decades ahead if successful. Please share your search and finds if you are able.

Thanks.

us
    Dec 2010
    back on the 1715!!
    652 times
    Not being a .... but not sure why the title. This has nothing to do with 1715 leases. Maybe just looking for a legitimate operation? But again odd wording for the title.
    thetigers2 likes this.
    "The finding of a great treasure from the days of the Spanish Main is not the cherished dream of only the United States and Florida citizens; countless peoples from other lands have shared such thoughts. It would amaze and surprise most citizens of this country, when their dream, at the greatest of costs, was realized, the agents of respective governments would, on the most flimsy grounds, lay claim to the treasure."
    ---Judge William O.Mehrtens
    1978 Ruling Against the State of Florida

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    1013 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Au_Dreamers View Post
    Not being a .... but not sure why the title. This has nothing to do with 1715 leases. .....
    Evidently they think it might have to do with the 1715 fleet since they know the location.

(Lots of info can be wrestled from a simple question.)

us
    Dec 2010
    back on the 1715!!
    652 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PetesPockets55 View Post
    Evidently they think it might have to do with the 1715 fleet since they know the location.

(Lots of info can be wrestled from a simple question.)
    Evidently you didn't read my post.

But you are batting 50/50; lots of info can be wrestled from a simple question.

Unless I'm attempting to be funny I post here for constructive contribution not to be a .... or to get likes.

So.... again... I'll post with the facts I know, not speculation...

This has nothing to do with 1715 leases.
    Last edited by Au_Dreamers; May 17, 2020 at 08:29 AM. Reason: kindness
    thetigers2 likes this.
    "The finding of a great treasure from the days of the Spanish Main is not the cherished dream of only the United States and Florida citizens; countless peoples from other lands have shared such thoughts. It would amaze and surprise most citizens of this country, when their dream, at the greatest of costs, was realized, the agents of respective governments would, on the most flimsy grounds, lay claim to the treasure."

br
    Jul 2018
    593 times
    Perhaps a better question would be...the leases or permits are through the State...so where at the State can one go to get a map or information on the existing permits/ leases?

I have often wondered where all of this information is kept....
    I love the taste of water, frozen into squares, and surrounded by rum

us
    Author: Shipwrecks & Sunken Treasure In Southeast Asia

Sep 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    61 times
    Shipwrecks
    Yes, You hit the nail on the head.
    TW

Quote Originally Posted by xaos View Post
    Perhaps a better question would be...the leases or permits are through the State...so where at the State can one go to get a map or information on the existing permits/ leases?

I have often wondered where all of this information is kept....

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1846 times
    Shipwrecks
    There are several charts posted to Treasurenet showing the lease sites. A search might find them. I know Fisheye posted a chart of the east coast showing all the lease sites. Here is one I found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lease Sites1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	1835158
    Last edited by Salvor6; May 20, 2020 at 04:41 AM.

us
    Dec 2010
    back on the 1715!!
    652 times
    They've been posted here before and obviously not much has changed, *cough BS cough*

Shouldn't it be as simple as contacting the employees of the citizens of the state of Florida and have them provide them?

But the Keys is a whole nother ball of wax in a bucket of sheeet!
    Blak bart likes this.

br
    Jul 2018
    593 times
    Yes there are some maps posted, but nothing I would reply on to either avoid jumping someones permit.

Boundaries with Lat/Long? Certainly there must be a State held database, or the information is virtually worthless.

If you are out on the water, and someone says you are on my permit, I would say prove it? How would they do that?

Conversely, how does one prove the boundary of their permit?

(I am asking, as I dont know how the permits are managed)
    Last edited by xaos; Yesterday at 08:20 AM.

TRG
    us
    May 2017
    Arizona
    119 times
    Shipwrecks
    There is an email address listed here:

https://dos.myflorida.com/historical...ter-site-file/

There is language about the location of archaeological sites, and perhaps some other things, not being made public.

The applicable law is here:

1A-31. Procedures For Conducting Exploration And Salvage Of Historic Shipwreck Sites, 1A. Division of Historical Resources, 1. Department of State, Florida Administrative Code

but no helpful information about lease maps etc.

us
    Dec 2010
    back on the 1715!!
    652 times
    xaos,
    sub-contractors keep a copy onboard

br
    Jul 2018
    593 times
    xaos,
    sub-contractors keep a copy onboard
    Thanks...how is the area defined? Lat/Long boundaries?

Would be nice to know what areas are under claim/permit...

I have seen this format as well..similar to an Admiralty Claim, which has a center and a radius...still...no details..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82xWW86.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1836226 ............Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giFN5Tk.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	1836227
    Last edited by xaos; Today at 07:06 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Flo rida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    60386 times
    I suggest you try and make contact with Brent Brisben... who owns the rights to answer your question.

The lead you are looking for is him.... look up "Queens Jewels, LLC, Sebastian, Florida"... and try and make contact via the Facebook page or web page etc.

I actually have an old cell phone number for him but I am not willing to pass that on... besides it is almost a decade old now... no telling if still good.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links