Who actually has a license to SEARCH for and RECOVER Treasure from the 1715 Fleet?

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a serious question. Who actually has a license to legally search for and recover treasure from the 1715 Fleet (or any other EAST Coast FL wrecks for that matter)??

I have a very serious proposal for you. We are 99% sure we have located a wreck and want to form a partnership with you asap.

Sorry, can't really give out much details here due to paranoia (mainly from my associate.. not me) so please contact me asap so we can discuss further.

Thank you all, gentlemen.
Tony Wells

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of knowledgeable people here with info on where to look for that info. They may have already contacted you since this thread seems eerily quiet. I believe I have seen threads in the last 4 months(?) with information about lease locations (with GPS coordinates) from Canaveral to Jensen Beach.

Licensing (for an existing lease site) would boil down to the location of the wreck, as there are many leases.
Also, the proximity to the coast is another big factor in which entity has jurisdiction.

Best of luck in your quest in the decades ahead if successful. Please share your search and finds if you are able.

Thanks.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not being a .... but not sure why the title. This has nothing to do with 1715 leases. Maybe just looking for a legitimate operation? But again odd wording for the title.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not being a .... but not sure why the title. This has nothing to do with 1715 leases. .....

Evidently they think it might have to do with the 1715 fleet since they know the location.

(Lots of info can be wrestled from a simple question.)

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently they think it might have to do with the 1715 fleet since they know the location.

(Lots of info can be wrestled from a simple question.)

Evidently you didn't read my post.

But you are batting 50/50; lots of info can be wrestled from a simple question.

Unless I'm attempting to be funny I post here for constructive contribution not to be a .... or to get likes.

So.... again... I'll post with the facts I know, not speculation...

This has nothing to do with 1715 leases.

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps a better question would be...the leases or permits are through the State...so where at the State can one go to get a map or information on the existing permits/ leases?

I have often wondered where all of this information is kept....

OP
OP
bronzecannons

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, You hit the nail on the head.
TW

Perhaps a better question would be...the leases or permits are through the State...so where at the State can one go to get a map or information on the existing permits/ leases?

I have often wondered where all of this information is kept....

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are several charts posted to Treasurenet showing the lease sites. A search might find them. I know Fisheye posted a chart of the east coast showing all the lease sites. Here is one I found.

Lease Sites1.jpg

Last edited:

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They've been posted here before and obviously not much has changed, *cough BS cough*

Shouldn't it be as simple as contacting the employees of the citizens of the state of Florida and have them provide them?

But the Keys is a whole nother ball of wax in a bucket of sheeet!

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there are some maps posted, but nothing I would reply on to either avoid jumping someones permit.

Boundaries with Lat/Long? Certainly there must be a State held database, or the information is virtually worthless.

If you are out on the water, and someone says you are on my permit, I would say prove it? How would they do that?

Conversely, how does one prove the boundary of their permit?

(I am asking, as I dont know how the permits are managed)

Last edited:

TRG

May 22, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xaos,
sub-contractors keep a copy onboard

Thanks...how is the area defined? Lat/Long boundaries?

Would be nice to know what areas are under claim/permit...

I have seen this format as well..similar to an Admiralty Claim, which has a center and a radius...still...no details..

82xWW86.jpg ............ giFN5Tk.jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you try and make contact with Brent Brisben... who owns the rights to answer your question.

The lead you are looking for is him.... look up "Queens Jewels, LLC, Sebastian, Florida"... and try and make contact via the Facebook page or web page etc.

I actually have an old cell phone number for him but I am not willing to pass that on... besides it is almost a decade old now... no telling if still good.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Leases for”new shipwrecks” found go thru the state - good luck with that - if it’s a 1715 site nearby the currently known 1715 sites mostly likely you might want to talk with the current 1715 lease owners - the fishers sold out to the brisbanes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread