Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a buddy in the Philippines that can get real time satellite images of your treasure site. He is looking to expand to other areas in Florida that I can't get to like the Keys. Below are a couple examples of what he can send. One of them is a screen shot that my camera washed out. I was trying to hide the GPS numbers.

thumbnail_27843883-2.JPG DSCN4337.JPG
If you are interested, send me a PM.

Attachments

• DSCN4338.JPG
    DSCN4338.JPG
    675 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have numerous friends scammed by these "satellite imaging" guys. One scam was from the Philippines. If you find the motherlode after using your friend, Pete, let me know. For now, I'm not a believer. I want to be. I wish it were true. But the proof is in the pudding.

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You are exactly right Darren. To tell you the truth, we have not found anything so far as a result of the satellite data but it's mostly because of our own fault. Some of the beach sites were too deep. We hit water at 6 feet and without a pump it is impossible to go deeper. Beach digging is legal but you can't use a mechanical device to excavate. Our Pulse Star II did indicate a non-ferrous hit where he said there was gold but we couldn't reach it. 11 feet deep! Go to the "Beach and Shallow Water" forum to see pictures of some of our digs. We dug HUMONGOUS holes while the cops watched.

Our satellite guy has a client that has actually found gold deposits in Colorado based on the satellite data.

Last edited:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is an area I have done a fair bit of research and testing in. I do not believe there is ny tech out there that can decipher which metal is being "seen" but there are definitely technologies that can help you find things long buried. I read Sara Parcak's books and papers from "Archaeology from Space" and she has a pretty good handle on what is available to civilians and how to use each imagery set to ferret out information. She can see footpaths that are thousands of years old, just because the trodden and packed dirt holds moisture better than the surrounding areas. She can see walls of structures under many feet of desert sand because the sand cools differently in the evening above the walls. She has discovered pyramids all over the world that were previously unknown, interesting gal if you want some further reading.

With her research in mind, I set out to see what I could see in my neck of the woods. I have excavation permission for the entire north end of Anclote Key (anything north of the State park) from the land owner who is a personal friend. I found reasonably good "Hyper-Spectral" images of my area, and began looking for anomalies. I quickly found a rather large rectangle that showed up in several of the layers as having a different heat signature and moisture content than the surrounding areas. When I went to investigate, there was a 12'x20' roof from a small shed that had blown or drifted out to the island right on the GPS coordinates, but under about a foot of sand and completely invisible when walking over it. It gave me enough hope to continue trying different things and looking at more areas. I never found any other anomalies on Anclote, and have now switched my searches to the 1715 Fleet beaches. based on the resolution of the satellite images and the sizing of the roof in that image, I think it can only get down to like 1 meter square. My thought is that if there were cannon washed up on the beach, I might be able to see them and give myself a nice new hunting area.

If I suddenly move to my own island, you will know I was successful. :-)

Jason

iziksa

May 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have locations on the Keys , please respond back ASAP

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay guys,lets set the facts of satellite imaging to what it is.Yes they can see anomalies underground in and out of water .But most satellites can,t identify treasure that has been buried for a long long time.We can identify treasure related anomalies that we image for our own projects.yes satellites can image gold veins and precious metals underground for large mining companies.So the bottom line is ,there are lots of images of junk targets all over the place but if you would know how the check the images like we do for precious metal,than you could save countless years of looking at the right places instead of digging up just junk and more junk.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Okay guys,lets set the facts of satellite imaging to what it is.Yes they can see anomalies underground in and out of water .But most satellites can,t identify treasure that has been buried for a long long time.We can identify treasure related anomalies that we image for our own projects.yes satellites can image gold veins and precious metals underground for large mining companies.So the bottom line is ,there are lots of images of junk targets all over the place but if you would know how the check the images like we do for precious metal,than you could save countless years of looking at the right places instead of digging up just junk and more junk.

So the bottom line is ,there are lots of images of junk targets all over the place but if you would know how the check the images like we do for precious metal,than you could save countless years of looking at the right places instead of digging up just junk and more junk.[/QUOTE]

So....if thats the case...why hasn't anything been recovered to date?

just curious

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lets set the facts of satellite imaging to what it is.

I believe I did exactly that in the 4th post of this thread....would love to see you prove me wrong. Satellites CAN NOT see gold veins, however they can see iron veins that may indicate a gold vein. You are amongst some really smart, scientifically educated people here who won't let you get by with simply saying that we don't know how to check our images. I can do things with hyper-spectral imagery that most people think is still impossible, but I cannot see gold and neither can you. If you could, you wouldn't be putzing around on a forum....you would be out digging up tons of gold. Until I see a few pics of you holding large chunks of precious metal, I'm calling BS.

Jason

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jason Joska is a part of my team. I have six members but we all work full time and are not going to quit our day jobs until we hit the mother lode. Most of our failures have been our own fault. Bad weather, insufficient equipment, lack of funds, etc. We hit water on our beach dig at 6 feet and the gold was at 11 feet.

Our satellite guy has a client in Colorado that is consistently finding gold based on the satellite images. We haven't found anything yet but we will not stop trying. It's something to do on the weekends.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As always, I wish all of you the best. I'm not sold on that technology existing, but again I hope you guys prove me wrong. If you said you were seeing interesting heat signatures or soil chemistry and planned to dig to see what was creating them, I would get that. Seeing a chart that claims to identify lead, bronze and even gemstones is a very large stretch from what is technologically possible today. If I was going to spend an afternoon digging a 6 foot deep hole in the sand, I'd probably be a little North of Douglas beach. :-)

Hey that Caloosa treasure pit mentioned by Fonteneda in his memoirs would be a good test target!

Best of luck!

Last edited:

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agflit,we are in the process of digging up the gold targets being imaged and it,s related to wrecks with chests on board and yes we know how to confirm for gold and any other precious metal associated with wrecks.

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScubaFinder,we only using imaging for the simple reason that you can see the target or targets are exactly there at said gps spot,but as far as what we confirm if it,s gold,silver or just junk related that,s the easiest part,because I could teach you how to check any images or sites you might be interested in just matter of minutes.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a retired Ph D scientist from Phoenix, who has been able to set up the IR satellite to identify areas of quartz erosion, alteration zones where quartz veins exist. This would be the IR satellite with narrower bandwidth to set up. According to him you can't see a single vein, but Gossan veins an except and must be a way he has to identify them.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always, I wish all of you the best. I'm not sold on that technology existing, but again I hope you guys prove me wrong. If you said you were seeing interesting heat signatures or soil chemistry and planned to dig to see what was creating them, I would get that. Seeing a chart that claims to identify lead, bronze and even gemstones is a very large stretch from what is technologically possible today. If I was going to spend an afternoon digging a 6 foot deep hole in the sand, I'd probably be a little North of Douglas beach. :-)

Hey that Caloosa treasure pit mentioned by Fonteneda in his memoirs would be a good test target!

Best of luck!

Carlos... The King of the Caloosa... took it all with him when he died.

Find Carlos... and you will find the treasure. :)

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
\ but I cannot see gold and neither can you. If you could, you wouldn't be putzing around on a forum....you would be out digging up tons of gold.

OMG, you are literally my hero. This has to be the comment of the year on Tnet. It's so dead on target.

"hello, i can access a satellite that will tell you where the buried riches of the world are. But it is too deep or far away to dig it myself, so i'll just let you have the trillions in treasure, just send me $100 per satellite scan. "

I mean even the Nigerian Prince scams are more plausible.

Edit: To clarify, i'm not saying satellite imagery and scanning isn't an invaluable tool in archeology and geology, but some dude in the Philippines claiming he can lead you to buried treasure for a fee, well, they do say a sucker is born every minute.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a buddy in the Philippines that can get real time satellite images of your treasure site. He is looking to expand to other areas in Florida that I can't get to like the Keys. Below are a couple examples of what he can send. One of them is a screen shot that my camera washed out. I was trying to hide the GPS numbers.

View attachment 1846601 View attachment 1846602
If you are interested, send me a PM.

Question, the pictures images are labeled with"Gems, Coins, Chests", yet you later said you haven't recovered anything.

So, absent any verified recoveries, the labelling on that picture, is just made up. He could have put, "rocks, bottle caps and freezer chests" on there and it would have been just as accurate. Is this fair to say that you haven't verified any of his scan claims?

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question, the pictures images are labeled with"Gems, Coins, Chests", yet you later said you haven't recovered anything. So, literally, the labelling on that picture, is just made up. He could have put, "rocks, bottle caps and freezer chests" on there and it would have been just as accurate. Is this fair to say that you haven't verified any of his scan claims?

I don't know where you guys get all that from...

I see 2 bottles of Corona... half a pack of deteriorated Camel Cigarettes... and whats left of the center part of the January 1988 issue of Playboy.

:P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After closer inspection...

The centerfold was from 89.

:P

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of just using the words "satellite technology" why don't you use the real name "infra red technology, synthetic aperture radar technology or CSIRO blue-green laser" so I know whether you are using the correct application of the technology.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread