The Covid crisis can be overcome with the gold of the galleons

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why "sides" must be taken when both sides goals can be jointly obtained.

The UK has adopted this mindset... VERY successfully... for BOTH sides.

The bigger picture has got to be clear at some point.

Also as I know you know the State of Florida gets up to 20% of found treasure from private sector salvage for doing nothing.

Yet they want it shutdown!

They are not even upholding the abandoned shipwreck act which was criminal against private sector salvage...

Never give them an inch, they will take a mile, history proves it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also as I know you know the State of Florida gets up to 20% of found treasure from private sector salvage for doing nothing.

Yet they want it shutdown!

They are not even upholding the abandoned shipwreck act which was criminal against private sector salvage...

Never give them an inch, they will take a mile, history proves it.

So... You have a problem with the State receiving 20% ? ? ?

Come on man.

You cannot tell me that giving the State 20% bothers you... and its not for "doing nothing".

If the thought of giving the State 20% bothers you for allowing salvage and trusting you to report finds...

You are driven by more than you should be.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think we have a problem with the state getting 20%, just that they need to quit taking a schizophrenic approach to it over a period of time.
Like "Hey we need to get a percentage for "Administration" costs"
OK Here's 20% (court settlement)
A few years pass.
State: "We change our mind (ignoring court settlement), we don't think salvage work should continue"
The state uses tax dollars (unlimited funds) to pursue their legal arguments.
Private sector (salvage people) have to fight back with their own funds.

Hey AU good to see you back. I know we have both been to busy with our PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS i.e. treasure hunting, to mess with this thread but you have to take a break once in a while. Good Luck.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... You have a problem with the State receiving 20% ? ? ?

Come on man.

You cannot tell me that giving the State 20% bothers you... and its not for "doing nothing".

If the thought of giving the State 20% bothers you for allowing salvage and trusting you to report finds...

You are driven by more than you should be.

Why yes, yes I do.

It is for doing nothing.

"giving the State 20% bothers you for allowing salvage and trusting you to report finds"

What the heck are you talking about? allowing salvage? Trusting to report finds?

Our legal right to salvage precedes their greed and their restrictive, unconstitutional laws.

"Trusting to report finds"... We shouldn't have to report anything to them in the first place.

What "archeological/ academic" work have they done with the reports of finds they've received?

Show me two?

The federal court has appointed private citizens with the custodial duties of certain wreck sites, so here we have the typical overstepping Govt, in this case, the state adding red tape, inhibiting the works and strong-arming a percentage of the recovered artifacts for 60 years.

I'm driven by the loss of citizens' rights and freedoms taken away by greedy Govt.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of all the money we would have to spend on ammo.
It would be like the Hatfields and McCoys, the Wild, Wild West.

Sounds good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread