Hmmmm

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
DSC01060.JPG DSC01061.JPG DSC01068.JPG DSC01063.JPG was working on jobsite saw big pile of demolition concrete,i think:i know thats an anchor and cannon buried under it???!!!!:dontknow::hello2::BangHead::skullflag::dontknow: anchor looks to be 12 to 15 foot..wont be back to site till monday....will take better pics and try to talk to land owner???

Attachments

• DSC01065.JPG
    DSC01065.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 79

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooo hoo....nice one KEYSHUNTER. Let me know if ya need a hand....I'd be glad to help ya get em !! My brother in law has the equipment to load em up for ya !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty cool! Best of luck on the Monday return visit-hope the land owner comes back with a "Fill your boots"reply.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
KEYSHUNTER

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
Make sure to have my tape measurer on visit in morning..heard through coconut telegraph the property may be owned by some not local corprate now ???? Just hate to see it go to Miami for scrape whatever it maybe???someone did mention it may be from the 1733 wrecks due to location....PS...ill let ya know Bart......

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the anchor may be much newer than the ‘33 Fleet from what I can see if it. The cannon? Can’t tell... best of luck with it... Blak Bart is the man to help you with it...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure to have my tape measurer on visit in morning..heard through coconut telegraph the property may be owned by some not local corprate now ???? Just hate to see it go to Miami for scrape whatever it maybe???someone did mention it may be from the 1733 wrecks due to location....PS...ill let ya know Bart......

Have access to a large flatbed trailer and a k-buta trac hoe. Let me know and I think I can have it on site in a day or two after you get an ok.

OP
OP
KEYSHUNTER

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
Oh boy,i have to tread gently on this,for those that knew the Whale Harbour buffet ,which got torn down becauce of a "fire" in the kitchen..haha i do believe all this sat by the old lighthouse made of crushed oyster shells which was a landmark but got bulldozed after it was deemed unsafe....the shipwreck stuff got put on this property cannon, anchors,big ass chain broken statues and they dumped the lighthouse on top of of it all...still fishing around for info like who owns it???

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy,i have to tread gently on this,for those that knew the Whale Harbour buffet ,which got torn down becauce of a "fire" in the kitchen..haha i do believe all this sat by the old lighthouse made of crushed oyster shells which was a landmark but got bulldozed after it was deemed unsafe....the shipwreck stuff got put on this property cannon, anchors,big ass chain broken statues and they dumped the lighthouse on top of of it all...still fishing around for info like who owns it???

I remember those pieces in front of Whale Harbour, had more than a few beers there while building Pelican Cove on the other side of the bridge (:occasion14:After work of course)

OP
OP
KEYSHUNTER

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
i was almost the only one to show up at site to work in morning...got ok to bring detectors on property so this weekend im going to back my truck up and see if i can pull that cannon out.....

OP
OP
KEYSHUNTER

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
I hear ya Capt E got to take this slow so i dont step on no toes..im thinking maybe if all agree give to the Diving Museum in Islamorada if they will preserve

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live right down the street if you need some help and got a old pick up truck and two hands that work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread