I represent 11.5 million subscriber Youtuber Dallmyd. I'm looking for experts.

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indonesia
A friend of mine ended up in jail there for a couple of months. You need to know who are the honest legit underwater treasure hunters and others like William Hatcher or Tony Wells. You better do some homework.
I'm sure you're talking about the 'Geldermelsen'. My twin brother and I spent 89-days 'detained' in Indo in 1989?. The 'Golden Rule' (he who has the gun makes the rules) is what effects treasure hunting there.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill. With all due respect, a discussion is an exchange of ideas. You are not exchanging ideas with me, you are telling me anecdotal information. I'm an expert in this realm of treasure hunting in Sonora. I have spent significant time and energy doing so. The OP requested experts in treasure hunting. I am presenting myself as such. Please be respectful of this to me.

If you would like to know some specific opinion on customs or travel or the current situation in the border area it would be wise to ask. If you want me to be "wrong" and you to be "right", expect a bit of pushback. X

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to T-Net, Leeland. There is a lot of great info on this site and very knowledgeable members.

The treasure salvage community here in Florida is tight knit and everyone pretty much knows what everyone else is doing. They are not interested in "exposure" as you put it, unless it is to attract investors. The operating expenses are enormous and everybody is looking for funding. My advice to you would be to contact one of the lease subcontractors and see if they would be interested in allowing you to film their operation for a fee. No guarantees, but in this business, like everything else, money talks.

Generally speaking, the treasure diving season here is from June to September, mainly due to sea conditions and visibility. Good weather might extend that for a month at either end. Now is a good time to make contacts. Most of the major players post on this forum. Good luck.

OP
OP
E
Nov 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net, Leeland. There is a lot of great info on this site and very knowledgeable members.

The treasure salvage community here in Florida is tight knit and everyone pretty much knows what everyone else is doing. They are not interested in "exposure" as you put it, unless it is to attract investors. The operating expenses are enormous and everybody is looking for funding. My advice to you would be to contact one of the lease subcontractors and see if they would be interested in allowing you to film their operation for a fee. No guarantees, but in this business, like everything else, money talks.

Generally speaking, the treasure diving season here is from June to September, mainly due to sea conditions and visibility. Good weather might extend that for a month at either end. Now is a good time to make contacts. Most of the major players post on this forum. Good luck.

Yeah exposure and documentation are just the first things I'm allowed to offer- money does indeed talk- but I have to make contact and draw up proposals before I can guarantee money. In past video's we've definitely paid a premium for filming rights to an area and even given up expensive finds just for filming access. I am just concerned with creating content and collaboration opportunities with people in this community because consulting the experts and veterans is the absolute best way to get your foot in the door. I appreciate all of your advice and look forward to really digging into this forum after Thanksgiving is over!

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the youtube videos....I dont see where they have actually found anything. It appears the "exposure" is simply for youtube hits....

Unfortunately, to view the fakes, they get another view...so as a spoiler alert, instead of viewing them.....

I see video claiming "found" gold, and they are shown recovering coins, only to see later it was a prank...still, the title gets over 19 million views...

Other videos show recovery of a chest of gold coins on the TC....nothing was found except 3 silver coins, then later they were also salted....

Thanksgiving is over!
so is this debacle....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread