1589 fleet

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herbo used mags to search.I have his 6 foot long fishes here that the mag head were put in them.I have 4 of the fishes.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Herbo also used sidescan sonar. He had a guy named Sullivan operating the sonar.

OP
OP
Magoopeter

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Herbo used mags to search.I have his 6 foot long fishes here that the mag head were put in them.I have 4 of the fishes.

Any photos?

OP
OP
Magoopeter

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Herbo also used sidescan sonar. He had a guy named Sullivan operating the sonar.

Do you know if they found any thing in deep water, theres not a lot about Herbo online. I think he worked mostly of Rob Marx info?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, Sullivan told me he found a wreck in deep water but he never went back there as far as I know.

OP
OP
Magoopeter

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Was that the wreck in 100 meters?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
He didn't tell me the depth. A buddy of mine bought a chart of "hang sites" from a commercial fisherman. 10 miles due east of Amelia Island is a site where they would trawl up pieces of rotten wood. They called this site the "Jesus Maria." That is the name of one of the 1589 fleet vessels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Magoopeter

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
He didn't tell me the depth. A buddy of mine bought a chart of "hang sites" from a commercial fisherman. 10 miles due east of Amelia Island is a site where they would trawl up pieces of rotten wood. They called this site the "Jesus Maria." That is the name of one of the 1589 fleet vessels.

Not that deep out there its a wonder no one has dived it, 70 meters? to far north

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions