New hands free scuba mask/camera comming out soon

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they consider this a toy.but none the less i do like new toys that i can use for work.

It's not so long ago that a 3MP digicam was a decent and fairly expensive proposal. Now they're cheap enough to be fitted into toys. Toys like this quite excellent looking Liquid Image mask. The camera will run in still or video modes, with in-mask LEDs to indicate which one you're using.

Waterproof to 5 meters (15 feet), the mask has 16MB of on-board memory and an SD slot. From the movies on the product site, the quality looks great (turn your sound down before watching, though – the microphone picks up a lot of noise). Price will be key. Gizmodo reckons it'll cost around $100, but we'll find out when it goes on show at CES.

http://www.liquidimageco.com/Home.html

Attachments

• liquid-image-mask-thumb.jpg
    liquid-image-mask-thumb.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 252

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Pretty cool idea...too bad it looks to be more of a kids novelty but just might be of some use for the rest of us. Thanks for posting this!

Pcola

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
If it was waterproof to maybe 30 feet, I definitely could see some use. But again, the practicallity of it seems more in line for kids and snorkeling etc.

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill buy one when it comes out,im sure i can modify it to go alot deeper.maybe the components can be adapted to a normal mask.years ago i bought a sony water resistant camera houseing.it said in the manual not to submerge it.i took it down to 120 feet at blue springs an it didnt flood.got some great videos with it.now i have several housings that can go to 300 feet or more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread