Viking shipwrecks in the Caribbean?

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
I fully agree what you say, Gringo and as I wrote before, I also believe your statement about false amphoreas in Rio back in 80´s. As I can see, we have similiar points of view for this topic and I am glad for that. By the way, you mentioned Portuguese monks in your post, did you mean the legend of "Seven cities"...?

Lobo

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobadilla has investigated these claims and many others you can read about in his forthcoming book "Hidden And Lost Treasures In The Dominican Republic". I expect to have copies in print by the end of the next 30 days or so.

Carl Ortwin Sauer reports documents by Spanish authors originating prior to 1530 who "discovered" tall Africans along both upper coasts of South America, whom they thought where shipwrecked there on slave ships (even then, narrow vision affected the official line of thought). If peoples from the African continent could make it to South America, then, who's to say that Europeans did not travel throughout the New World as well. Certainly, one binding effect of bureaucracy is distortion of history. Spain did this very well, and many of us must know the world's history as Spain would have us believe it... they wrote it themselves. What other written versions might exist?

Anyway, yesterday we had the annual Treasure Hunter's Bookclub meeting at the FUN show in Orlando, hosted by Dave Crooks. Greg Stemm appeared to personally relate the court's last ruling over the Black Swan trove. Very interesting!!! I got to pump his hand personally and thank him for the good fight!

I got Ernie Richards (looking trim as ever) to display this poster of Bobadilla's new book!...
erwithposter.gif

Greg Stemm and his crew in the audience...
gregatfun08.gif

Tommy Gore, Bill Diaz and Ros Diaz (Tommy and Bill were Field Agents for Florida)
tgbdrdfun08.gif

Me, Ernie Richards and Dave Crooks (Dave and I have on OUR EnRada hats... where's Ernies??)
meerdcatfun08.gif

Margaret and Bob Weller
wellersatfun08.gif

Gringo

Jun 8, 2006
TCI
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excalibur 1000, White's Pro
We all know, or at least we should know, that history is written by the winners and the survivors. Their version of it is sometimes all we have.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Gringo,
(Sorry to be off topic Guy's) but I take it you live on Provo? If so, maybe we can meet up. I will be leaving Florida Saturday for Grand Turk til the 23rd then staying at Turtle Cove on Provo for 3 more days. Any reason to bring my MD?
Diverlynn

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signumops... Is that Bob Marx sitting behind Bob Weller in the bottom picture?

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff K;

I saw a reply with a pic of Bob Marx yesterday, so I did not answer. Now I see that it has mysteriously disappeared (?) Anyway, no, that is not Marx sitting behind Bob Weller. I have not seen Bob Marx at this meeting for the last three years, and would be surprised if he showed up there. He may not have known anything about it.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bob is currently out of the country

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I attended the Jan 2005 meeting in Ft. Lauderdale, and didn't see him there either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread