Message to the Treasure Community From J Ruth RE: Imaginary Seizure of Nautilus

Patrimony

May 30, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all if anyone knows the name of whoever posted that bit of scurrillous defamatory garbage (since I doubt if the author will have the courage to identify himself to me) please advise me of who it is. I believe such postings fall under the statutes of defamation of character...malicious or tortious interference in a business and are cause for legal action..and so if said individual has some facts to back up their claim, both my associates and I will assure them that they will receive a fair opportunity to present them in court.

The information regarding the so called seizure of the Nautilus is absolute lie and pure garbage and is completely fabricated with intent to malice and nothing more.

Regarding my companies and ship in Ecuador: All have been in full compliance with every legal requirement of our contracts in Ecuador since 2003 and neither have ever been cited for a single infraction and the vessel has never excavated anywhere without the presence of Ecuadorian Navy personnel and Cultural Patrimony Officials. Of all the salvage companies in Ecuador...mine are THE ONLY ones which have never been admonished for infractions or have been investigated.

The boat is currently moored off shore in the Bay of Bahia at its private mooring in front of a yacht club and is not even at a dock and has no restrictions on its movements.

The only unexpected legal requirement imposed on the boat since its arrival occurred at the end of October 2007 when the President of Ecuador signed a decree requiring that ALL vessels inside this country....foreign and domestic--- be redocumented by a new department inside the Ecuadorian Dept of Transportation in order to be qualified for and issued a monthly fuel allocation or ration.

Every vessel in the country..thousands of them...were unable to buy fuel until complying with the new regulation which is aimed at suppressing the smuggling of cheap .98 cent Ecuadorian fuel by boats to surrounding countries. Everyone owning a vessel had to undergo this process and the Nautilus was not singled out for any individual attention in this regard and it was basically a question of taking a number and waiting ones turn to be processed.

This process took us almost six weeks to complete, about two weeks longer than all national boats, because being a foreign vessel with temporary work permits the level of documention for the Nautilus was more intensive requiring even original notarized copies of the original bill of sale for the vessel be sent from the US.

In any case, the entire process was completed before Christmas while the boat was not needed anyway because the company has been exclusively engaged in magnetometer survey work at various locations in Ecuador all fall. The surveys were conducted from our 18 ft launch with a new Sea Spy Mag which was brought down from Canada back in August.

Meanwhile, the only persons standing guard and stationed on the Nautilus are some of the crew who have been rebuilding the main generator and readying the ship to return to work in about two weeks.

Perhaps at this juncture it should also be mentioned....that far from being in any kind of state of seizure or legal predicament, J Ruth, the Nautilus and the two companies he represents which control 200 sq miles of exclusive coastal lease areas and which contain ALL of the valuable wreck sites noted on the William Hacke Charts, have in addition just before Christmas, received exclusive search and salvage rights to most the entire south coast of Ecuador.

This news has also unfortunately been received poorly in some quarters by those who coveted the same hard earned areas for themselves and who were willing to play very dirty pool to trample on little people and the rights of others to obtain them. Sorry...guys...but there is always Florida....bobbing for 1715 frags.

Anyway, this recent acquisition represents another 200 miles of virgin area now saved for the good guys and the end of the last big hope for the predators. It is also a funny thing for a guy and his companies which supposedly currently have so many legal problems and have their boat under lock and key to be bestowed with such a plum!

The fact is that we have recently positively located the wreck site of a very valuable ship in that new area, have conducted pre disturbance site surveys over the past few weeks to confirm it. So...rather than dig up what the mag has apparently discovered at Jama, we will now be putting our excavation plans at Jama on hold for a few months to instead take advantage of the next three months of seasonally calm seas in that other sector off the south coast. We are in process of relocating and hauling all our stuff down to the other end of the counry right now and the Nautilus will soon follow to begin work on recovering what will be an immediately productive site and one with name recognition which a lot of people have wanted to get into for years.

Yes....There will be media coverage in early February to out it too because we want to start making a market for the material...and yes....there is already confirmed treasure on the site. : About as much as Odyssey Marine recently hauled up..or more is on that site .

And that folks...is probably the crux of the issue....real sour grapes on the part of some other people right nowwho otherwise just sailed all the way down here for nothing but splinters and sand. Moreover, like so many others before them, will also eventually leave this place fighting amongst themselves over promises unfulfilled and with nothing but the runs and a bad sun burn.

So to all those who read the defamatory nonsense pertaining to my name and the fictious seizure or impoundment of the Nautilus which was posted by a person unknown with obvious personal odio and ill intent before it was pulled by the moderator.....please reserve your judgement and wait a few weeks and then decide for yourself as to what has obviously been going on here.

Thank You..J Ruth

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
man why didnt anyone tell me the natilus was confiscated. just kidding i hope you pull up so much gold even mr T couldnt wear it. good luck with the sharks that swim on the land jimmy buffett said it best. kiddrock33

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Patrimony,

The post is believed to have been started by a moderator at one of the other Treasure Forum sites. I posted the letter over there and it has been repeatedly deleted. The first version was deleted because it was called inflamatory, but I just posted the revised/edited version and it was deleted within minutes.

RGecy

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Keep 'em honest Robert. Way to go bud!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread