NJ Shipwrecks

xtimgx

Mar 17, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Hey guys. I know I am still new here but I am getting bigger into aquatic discovery and decided to compile a list of placemarks in google earth. This file just needs to be downloaded and double clicked providing you have google earth installed. Of course, I need to give credit to :
http://www.aquaexplorers.com/shipwreckgpsnumbers.htm
who provided GPS approximations. I just entered the numbers in tediously and made white pinmarks for them. Quite a few there. Hope this helps someone, I would be glad if someone at least viewed it to see the work put into it. More to come soon!

Attachments

• New Jersey Shipwrecks.kml
    110.1 KB · Views: 271
OP
OP
xtimgx

xtimgx

Mar 17, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
I did little research on it. The state has compiled every wreck but will not release the info of where they are.

pro778

Jan 21, 2008
Forked River, Moorestown, NJ
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 E-TRAC
Nice job! Where did you get the info that the state knows where shipwrecks are. I don't think the state knows where any shipwrecks are. NOAA keeps records for their charts. You can get that list off the net.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The survey was likely federally funded in some round a bout way. If so can you say freedom of information act? I really doubt they have positively ID'ed 200 wrecks, that would take many years to physically dive and properly research each one with 2 foot vis., yea right.

wreckvalle

Nov 20, 2006
GoldFever said:
That is very cool. Thanks alot. Maybe if you get bored you can write info for each. Like type of wreck, And Depth. Great though. Wish someone had one for the Hudson River.

If you click on the link provided on original post

http://www.aquaexplorers.com/shipwreckgpsnumbers.htm

Then click on whatever wreck you are interested in it will bring you to a detailed history page. Many have historical photographs and artifact images.

Only problem is information copied onto Google earth was copyright. I do not have a problem with giving out Free GPS locations but would not appreciate it if any additional text was copied.

Safe Diving

Attachments

• NYNJchartforweb.jpg
    NYNJchartforweb.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 390
OP
OP
xtimgx

xtimgx

Mar 17, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
I e-mailed Captain Dan. No reponse yet but my intention was not to provide copyright information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread