What hookah system is everyone using on the Florida wrecks??

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a/c power go the electric route, otherwise stick to gas or diesel but use common sense and don't take any shortcuts.....that is what those diving surface supplied air use, or a scuba tank (or larger) feeding an umbilical. I also don't prescribe to the no dive training required analogy, the underwater world is not a forgiving one.

Sorry I can't comment about the 12v DC compressors, no experience there, I just don't believe it would be that efficient time wise vs. lugging & charging batteries every where.

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello makahaman
On the Seahunter we use hookahs made by Airline by J Sink. We have both gas and electric which runs off the generator. We have been using them for as long as I can remember and have been extremely satisfied.
Scott

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makahaman are you working from a boat, or will you use some type of float to support the compressor?

OP
OP
M

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hey Brad I will be diving from my boat but would love a float model because I will be going all over the place with it. I am thinking about going with the Airline model because had so much problems from Brownies. I also like the fact that the Airline compressors can be fixed by myself and that Thomas industries has places all over the world that can service the unit. I wanted to go with the 12V system but it is very heavy with a battery that weighs 60 plus pounds and I will have to recharge the battery often which can be a pain! Since batteries weigh so much! Any more info would be much appreciated! Aloha for everyones advice it means so much to me!

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
My divers use steel tanks. It is safer and restricts down time to error free (almost). We like a good compressor with no diesal or gas fumes in the air to re-fill our tanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread