wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
they are the toughest govt in the carribbean to deal with. the last I had heard was that no treasure hunting was permitted. you could always try to contact them, the worst they can do is say no.

p.s. I would not try to defy the laws down there, the penalties down there are quite brutal.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I just returned from the Turks and Caicos last night (just for a dive vacation), what a beautiful place, the diving was some of the best I have seen. was serenaded on several occasions by migrating whales. Could easily live there if it wasn't sooooo expensive.
The Fishers were working off the North West coast of Provo but I have since heard they are heading back to state side. The local dive operations I spoke with are not too happy with their area being blown. One commented that a cannon on one of their dive sites has been removed and nothing but a hole is left. Another complained about trash blowing off the boats in the water. Below is one of their 2 boats. Below that is Diverlynn at 182'!

Diverlynn

Attachments

• fishers2.jpg
    fishers2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 447
  • fishers.jpg
    fishers.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 425
  • 182 feet.jpg
    182 feet.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 419

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Diverlynn, do you know the name of Fishers boat?

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
No and no one I spoke to was sure either only that it was Kim Fisher. When I touched base with Doug (Amelia) he said they were heading back home without much luck.

Diverlynn

Cablava

May 24, 2005
What on earth are doing at 182ft????

Deep is bad for you in every respect, from one who knows.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
We just don't have those depths off Florida (at least where you can see). I occasionally do deep dives on wrecks (4 fun) and like to brush up on skills when narked. Girls just want to have fun!!! ;D

Diverlynn

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cablava said:
What on earth are doing at 182ft????

Deep is bad for you in every respect, from one who knows.

With a single tank too???

OP
OP
D

Diver_46

Aug 5, 2007
From what I hear about the Fishers, they do not go to the trouble of blowing holes in the sand without having good knowlege of where to go and what to look for. Is there any better way to keep the curious away from the site by stating there really wasnt much to find? That would throw a big red flag up too me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread