GOOD MORNING AMERICA REPORTS ON TREASURE HUNTERS

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
This week Good Morning America will be interviewing and filming from the Polly L in addition to the Fishers Museum in Sabastain and, guess, other local treasure hunters. This will just be filming for a future show. I was to be back on the boat Monday for an "in-water" interview but due to the weather the Polly L will be inside Jupiter Inlet if they can get back off shore and out of Ft. Pierce this morning to head south.

FYI...
Due to some much needed home time with my twin teenage boys, I am taking a short leave of absence from Amelia so I can be home at night. I will be assisting Florida Research with some mag work for a while so I can accomplish this.

Diverlynn

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Good Job.....when you find out when it's to air....please let us know...Hubby and I would love to see it!!!

And have a great family time with your boys!
Annmarie

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jupiter Inlet will give you a much clearer water shot then Ft. Pierce with its notorious 5-10 foot vis. on a good day. Though I have heard its clearer in the winter then the summer. Good Luck with the shooting. Hope you find a coin or two for the cameras.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So any word yet as to when this series will begin and I am not too familiar with GMA... what channel and time does that show air? Any help would be appreciated... thanks. Phips

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy Gore just told me that the program feature, titled "X Marks The Spot" is supposed to be on this Saturday morning on Good Morning America... that would be the 9th. John Brandon, Taffi Fisher, Tommy Gore and Dan Wagner were interviewed, I think. They were on the PollyL so I guess Diver Lynn would have the details.

I am not sure about the airtime, but I think maybe 8 am (Tommy thought possibly 9 am). I don't watch much TV, so I am not sure myself.

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I was told it will air Saturday at 10:00am (as per Doug) but I will be checking at 8:00am just to makje sure. Taffy is in New York with lots of gold to show. There will be other segments later during the summer.

Diverlynn

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good Grief I was hoping for more than 5 minutes out of an hour show. Is there going to be a part 2?

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think it is an ongoing series......maybe several more parts? I think SEAHUNTER is supposed to appear in an episode.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Yes, they mentioned it would air again next weekend and they would be talking with the Fisher's down in Key West!

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
I was also told that they plan to be back out on the boat later this spring. Yep, kinda dissapointing they didn't have more time than what they did.

Diverlynn

jojobobba

Feb 14, 2008
and during the first week of Feb. GMA Weekend Edition filmed on the Capt Tracy with Deep Blue Marine. (Stock symbol DPBM.PK). DBM is returning to the Dominican Republic to work a site previously discovered. With all the sunken treasure still on the ocean floor its just a matter of time to be found. Right now this company's stock is less than a penny a share. I love treasure hunting and ship wrecks. So I am willing to gamble a few hundred bucks to get a pile of shares. If they find some gold and or silver, and I believe its only a matter of time, this could pay back many, many times over. Get in now before the spike up. Two years ago they were on CNBC and the stock went to a buck--and that was with no gold found. Imagine what it would go to if they find precious metals. Its a good way for us "treasure hunters at heart" to participate without being able to go dive for shipwrecks in the Caribbean. Deep Blue Marine has a website at: http://www.alldeepblue.com for more info.

psdiver

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites/JWFisher Pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the late notice, but I was just informed by ABC that the "X Marks the Spot" piece on Deep Blue Marine has been moved and will now air Sunday morning, Feb, 17 instead of Saturday morning as previously noted. Please inform all interested.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yawn... (Stretch)... Yawn... (Pass some gas)... Leave room quickly.... :o ::) ;D

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link psdiver... I had missed the show this morning. Appreciate that! Phips

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread