Atocha Gold Chain On eBay...

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I know it's special, and unique, and historic... but that's just too much...

I guess that means I can't afford it.

R M P T R

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I remember Mel Fisher being on Johnny Carson just after the Atocha's mother load had been discovered and he brough with him a gold chain like this one, and as Johnny was unwrapping it he ask Mel how long it was and Mel replied "about a quarter of a million". To this Johnny had the most started look on his face that I had ever seen. So it looks like the chain hasn't appreciated much in the last 32 years as its still a quarter of a million and some change.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
darn --pick up only --no shipping it -- well no getting it for the wifes birthday gift since they don't deliver --for $230,000 you think they could "deliver it" to you. ;) ---- Ivan

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeeeeeeez,if i didn't already have 6 or 7 i'd probably get it ;)

L_Bo

Oct 30, 2007
MD & DE beaches
I live near a gentleman who helped with the salvage efforts of the Atocha and he too has one of these "chains" from the wreck. He has a museum and brought it out during a tour, put it around my 10 year old daughter. The weight alone nearly caused her to lose her balance, quite a piece of jewelry...........or um "belt" as it was considered to be in order to avoid taxation by the King.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread