ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Fisher's have the 1622 Leases on the Atocha and Margarita. There are also leases in the 1733 areas, but the FKNMS restrictions make it very difficult and expensive to work there. Still a lot of stuff left, even though most of the wrecks are well picked over, but it's just not worth the time and effort anymore for most of us. If you're an amatuer diver living in the area, I could see a few things being worth your time. What are you thinking?

Jason

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I just saw a show on The Treasure Channel available up here in NJ on Cablevision HD and the guy spent like five days searching all of the known 1733 wrecks trying to find a coin to win a bet. He didn't find any but he was down there poking with a detector. He mentioned one piece of wood where he got a hit but said you're not allowed to move anything but he was doing plenty of poking around in the sand.
Maybe I missed it but I didn't hear anything about him getting a permit or permission from anyone owning a lease. If he was breaking the law, he sure was incriminating himself pretty badly.

HH

- joe

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just saw a show on The Treasure Channel available up here in NJ on Cablevision HD

That was Capt. Gary Mace and Carl Fismer. Not sure if they have leases or not.

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
mad4wrecks said:
I just saw a show on The Treasure Channel available up here in NJ on Cablevision HD

That was Capt. Gary Mace and Carl Fismer. Not sure if they have leases or not.

Thank you!

HH

- joe

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fizz gave me a Treasure Divers HD T-shirt at Dema this year. He can work anywhere he wants...because he knows everybody. I'm sure he has a "buddy" with a lease down there or something. You are right Joe, he wouldn't incriminate himself on National TV, and a lease is most definitely required with the State of Florida.

Jason

OP
OP
C

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
Ive known Carl for 20 years as far as i know he doesn't have any leases of the 1733 stuff . many years ago i found a wreck not any thing big it was lead sheeted hull had been burned to the water line we bug a test hole and found clay pipes and ceramic medicine bottles and never went back I'm sure it was an merchant ship and no gold or silver cargo of any amount but it is undisturbed and would have a lot of artifacts its very shallow and covered in turtle grass so i thought i would see if anyone Had a lease

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOAA and FL kinda frown on harming grass, might make things a little difficult to recover.

OP
OP
C

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
yea i figure its hopeless unless someone with the state archies want to dig it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread