Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to the forum....

a good starting point would be "The Treasure Diver Guide" by John Potter and Shipwreck of the Western Hemisphere" by Robert Marx

All the Best,

Chagy.....

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
dont remember the name right off, but there is small book from weller that give a readers digest version, good short read, ill look in the library later unless someone knows offhand .........................

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
RIOBRAVO, the book you are talking about may be in the link provided by the posting prior to yours....since that is a listing of many of Weller's books. Did you check out the link???

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe Joe was talking about "Finding Sunken Treasure". A good primer for anyone just getting started. It's not so much a research book as it methods and reasoning behind what we do.

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
dont remember the name right off, but there is small book from weller that give a readers digest version, good short read, ill look in the library later unless someone knows offhand ....................

believe Joe was talking about "Finding Sunken Treasure". A good primer for anyone just getting started. It's not so much a research book as it methods and reasoning behind what we do

Gee, no title like that by Weller. Couldn't find that title at all. I do know of a great book called Sunken Treasure: How to Find It by Bob Marx. Maybe you meant that. Newbies confuse Marx and Weller all the time, on account they have the same first name.

Another round o' drinks for the Rio Bravo crew bartender!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Newbies...lol - Yep, Rio Bravo is definitely a newbie, and me too. You with your 17 posts MUST be an old pro...right? I should probably thank you for getting the title of the book right, but nah, I'll save it. Joe and I didn't have time to look it up, cause we've been aweful busy here in Texas. :icon_pirat: :-X

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
Well, I had 367, 231 posts under my previous nickname before I got banned for talking about my theory of finding treasure using the solunar tables. :-\

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
The book from Weller is "True stories of Sunken Treasure" ... his most recent ... a collection of his favorate short stories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions