Treasure Display Opportunity

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Hi everyone. As some of you surely know, the Florida United Numismatists (FUN) is holding its Summer Fun coin show June 26th - 28th at th Palm Beach County Convention Center. Being near the fabled Treasure Coast and the ongoing 1715 and 1733 fleet treasure recoveries I thought it only natural that there should be a concerted effort to educate the general public in Florida's historic shipwreck finds and the colonial coins and artifacts that have been recovered.

I have spoken with the exhibit chairman of FUN and he was very receptive to the idea of setting up a specific area for the display of shipwreck recoveries. I haven't gone into any in-depth details with FUN, but I do know that participants can display items without paying a vendor fee. If there is enough interest I certainly will pursue this further.

I am posting this to both the cob coin and shipwreck forums. Some of you may know of or met me through the 2007 Shipwreck Show in Cocoa Beach that I co-organized with the late Don Webb (aka Peg Leg). Please post your thoughts about this if you are interested in participating. I will be bringing my meager collection if others do, as I will be visiting the area for the show anyway.

Regards,
Stan Dilcher (divewrecks)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread