porcelean

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone here know about porcelean say,from the 1800's an older?Some porcelean was found that has a oval shaped seal or maybe a hallmark with a single crown in the middle.i dont have any pics of the items an i doupt i will ever see them.i just want to get a idea how old this stuff may be.

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx dell.Ill know more when we dive on this new wreck i found in a few weeks.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
rough guess of maker / time frame by the info you put out -- 1796 to 1833 made by Herculanum of Liverpool, England -- in 1833 it was sold to to thomas case & james mort (they ran the factory till 1836) -- during the timr frame from 1833 to 1836 the stamp was altered slightly with a small bird stamp known as a liver bird -- what color is it? --blueprint was the early stuff -- shortly followed by cream colored known as queens ware (it was very popular at the time --the cream colored items are thought of as fine quality) terracotta goods were also made -- fine quality pearlware was known to be made by them in 1820 (fine exsample of it in the measuem) --some of their earlist goods was reported as not being stamped. --the factory expanded twice 1800 and 1806 sending selling lot of thier plates abroad --with lots going to america and spanish florida as trade goods--british crockery was a heavily exported product during this time --the british were getting a lot of lumber from floridas old growth pine forest (using them for ships mast and building materials) and other maritime products also turpentine and such --( during that time due to both the american embargo act of 1807 and the non intercourse act of 1809 which just punished the british and french) these acts forcedthe english to trade heavily with spanish florida for lumber products starting in 1807 time frame-- there are over 24 recorded 1810 to 1816 time frame british lumber trade vessels lost off amelia island alone. (america took over "spanish" amelia island from the pirate aury in 1817 thus the reason why the trade stopped pirates / then americans (only a few years after the war of 1812 so not too brit freindly) --- thus I run across a lot of early 1800 to 1820ish time frame english plate shards.(after florida became offically" part of america in 1820 thing slowed down a bit --theses vessel are often refered to as "lumber trade" vessels and as a general rule of thumb carried very little in the way of money. but intact period crocky can fetch a nice price however. --- hope this helps --- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread