48 KB · Views: 1,026

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks to be a very old, gold ring. Now go back and find the jewel that was set in the middle of it.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Hi ya treasurenut, welcome. I am originally from Duluth Ga., we used to kick ya'll @#$%^&* in basketball some ??? years ago.
Nice find, looks old to me, let us know what you find out.

diverlynn

OP
OP
treasurenut

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
Well I live in Lawrenceville Ga but came from over the pond so can't take credit for any ass kicking LOL

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
I live in Key West, but from Marietta. Maybe we should talk about where you found this and go looking for the rest!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
let us know if you find out the age on this piece. It looks old to me too, but I don't know about that stuff.
from across the pond huh? let's see you look like a rugby kinda guy. Am I right?

OP
OP
treasurenut

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
Update on the "Ring"

I was at the jewlery store yesterday and they told me it is brass, so it might not be a ring after all, it might be a thing off a ship. The "ring" was found in key west on the biggest beach there coming in with the storm.

:( It was a cool find but had hoped for a better out come when I got it tested.

Across the pond but first to discover american will make me a Viking.

OP
OP
treasurenut

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
This is my best guess, the bottom part of this brass swivle

Attachments

• MAS15000-1.jpg
    MAS15000-1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 759

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Treasurenut

Looks like you have excellent detectors, why dont you get scuba certified and do some undersea hunting in keywest!!! If you find the right spots, you may bring out a real ring with a jewel in it!

Larry

OP
OP
treasurenut

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
I have my Scuba certification in order but I live in Lawrenceville GA and I only go to Florida on vacation. I have always wanted to get down in the water with my tanks and my metal detector but to date it has never worked out. I was in Key west 2 times to dive the Mel fisher sites but both times the weather was not good for going out to the wreak sites.

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
Just how were you planning to dive the Mel Fisher sites? Are you an Investor? Unless things have changed,that's the only way you can get to. Or sign on as crew with a contract.

Attachments

• outfitted Atocha diver1.jpg
    outfitted Atocha diver1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 585
  • outfitted Atocha diver1.jpg
    outfitted Atocha diver1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 584
OP
OP
treasurenut

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
Yes I was an invester when in like 2005 or something like that and that is when I was going to dive the sites but never happent because of the weather

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNut, I have been considering doing the annual investment deal with the the Fishers Key West operation. However, the current cost of one single share is very expensive and would eat up all my profits (and then some), made on another investment with another Florida salvage operation last year. I stopped by and talked with Shawn during one of my business trips to Key West, and picked up the investment package and prospectus. Shawn explained that you can also purchase partial shares, and that the pay out is proportional.
I am curious, did you purchase a full or partial share? and do you think that the treasure you received at distribution was equal to, or exceeded the value of your investment?

Tom

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I checked into being an investor and talked to Grant at the Fisher museum in Key West a couple of years ago. For a full share it was 77,000.00. But that you could buy a fractional share for less than that. Since all I really wanted to do was dive the site I said thanks but too expensive.

OP
OP
treasurenut

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
I was a partial investor I think a 1/6 of a share, I will say that it was very exciting to be an investor, I wish I could have been diving the site as that as always been a dream of mine. I did get my share of the loot after a year as an investor. I got a gold coin fromt he 1715 wreak and 2 silver coins from the Atocha wreak site.

Its a lot of money to be an investor but the stuff you get is worth similar money to what you pay in. I would have enjoyed the wreak dive.

I can how ever only say good things about the experince as money is just money and history and adventure is what I live for.

Shaw at Mel Fisher was my rep and he was a very nice guy and took good care of us when I was in town

Good luck

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Current Rates for Atocha Investors is $80,000 per share. You can buy 1/8 of a share for $10,000. This was the pricing as of Summer 2007! It could have changed, but not much.

I believe there are a total of 30 full shares (fulls and partial combined to make 30) out of 100 offered each year to investors. 70 shares stay with the company. They become available at different times based on when an investor bought in.

They have always paid out a minimum of the value of your investment. They are really great and love to accommodate people and get you involved in the hunt. If you don't have the time to do this on your own and have a few thousand to invest in something like this, its pretty cool.

I certainly wouldn't look at it as potential money maker, but mainly for the adventure and excitement of being in the hunt.

Maybe they will one day find the stern castle ::) ::) and have another huge payout! :o :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread