Need Answer

OP
OP
W

Wrecked Diver

Greenie
Oct 7, 2007
You Guys are unreal I hoped I would get one or to reply's when I put my question up and now there are four or five people looking for the answer.
Some of the stuff you guys have come up with in the last few posts are so close to where I am it's not funny. As I'm an Australian and have worked with Mr Hatcher I know that it wasn't him that made the statements althow he probably quoted it from someone else.
I don't think it was from anything written about the Capitana in Ecuador as I have been reading everything I can about Ecuador and the West coast of South America for the last few years, especially the Capitana, as the company I work for has been partners with RS Operations and Scott Heimdal for the last few years and I'm hoping to go across and dive with Scott and his crew in the next few months as they have already started work on the Capitana.
I'm finishing up some things I have been working on over here and that quot is part of my research, one small step at a time and you get there in the end.

Again all the best to you guys and thank you very much for your help, as soon as I hear back from Time Magazine over here I will post the details. It's great talking to you all and I hope we will keep talking.

OP
OP
W

Wrecked Diver

Greenie
Oct 7, 2007
Wrecked Diver said:
You Guys are unreal I hoped I would get one or to replies when I put my question up and now there are four or five people looking for the answer.
Some of the stuff you guys have come up with in the last few posts are so close to where I am it's not funny. As I'm an Australian and have worked with Mr Hatcher I know that it wasn't him that made the statements althow he probably quoted it from someone else.
I don't think it was from anything written about the Capitana in Ecuador as I have been reading everything I can about Ecuador and the West coast of South America for the last few years, especially the Capitana, as the company I work for has been partners with RS Operations and Scott Heimdal for the last few years and I'm hoping to go across and dive with Scott and his crew in the next few months as they have already started work on the Capitana.
I'm finishing up some things I have been working on over here and that quot is part of my research, one small step at a time and you get there in the end.

Again all the best to you guys and thank you very much for your help, as soon as I hear back from Time Magazine over here I will post the details. It's great talking to you all and I hope we will keep talking.

Hi to everyone that was helping me look for my article. I just got the reply from time and they have given me the right article but there wasn't anything in there to help so I will keep looking.

Thanks again for your time and help all the best.

silverthorn

Mar 19, 2008
Livin' in my Checker Marathon down by the river...
Detector(s) used
Old willow divining rod... No more wire hangers !!
You’re talking about the (late) Mel Fisher’s Atocha shipwreck (Nuestra Senora de Atocha) site that was on cable TV last Saturday, March 29th. Mel’s crew lives on and continues to dive for treasure off coast of Key West Florida from their ship The Dauntless.

Mel’s crew of investors have found a lot of stuff from the Atocha, and stories are broadcast on The National Geographic Channel, The Travel Channel, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel and the Public Broadcasting System Channel. So, this story is well circulated.

The segment I saw last weekend showed the Mel Fisher crew diving, doing interviews and then distributing gold and silver coins, a 1000 point rough emerald, a couple gold money chains, a very nice pour bar of gold and a large gold disk. The distribution segment was shown again within an hour on another channel!

During one segment, a scientist was describing how the lost, shipwrecked gold and treasure from the sunken Spanish ships may be worth over a billion dollars and may include 2% of the above ground gold. He went on to say that only 10% of all the gold in the world has been found, and 90% is still in the earth. I think that’s what he said.

But, the gold that’s still in the ground could be so diluted it would take tons of dirt to squeeze out a couple drops of gold! They soak tons of rocks in cyanide to get out the gold and silver by my brother’s house in Colorado. Big operation!

Most of the programs about the Mel Fisher group are available on DVD through Amazon.com. I hope this helps you! ~ Silverthorn

Attachments

• MelFisher.jpg
    MelFisher.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 214
OP
OP
W

Wrecked Diver

Greenie
Oct 7, 2007
Silverthorn said:
You’re talking about the (late) Mel Fisher’s Atocha shipwreck (Nuestra Senora de Atocha) site that was on cable TV last Saturday, March 29th. Mel’s crew lives on and continues to dive for treasure off coast of Key West Florida from their ship The Dauntless.

Mel’s crew of investors have found a lot of stuff from the Atocha, and stories are broadcast on The National Geographic Channel, The Travel Channel, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel and the Public Broadcasting System Channel. So, this story is well circulated.

The segment I saw last weekend showed the Mel Fisher crew diving, doing interviews and then distributing gold and silver coins, a 1000 point rough emerald, a couple gold money chains, a very nice pour bar of gold and a large gold disk. The distribution segment was shown again within an hour on another channel!

During one segment, a scientist was describing how the lost, shipwrecked gold and treasure from the sunken Spanish ships may be worth over a billion dollars and may include 2% of the above ground gold. He went on to say that only 10% of all the gold in the world has been found, and 90% is still in the earth. I think that’s what he said.

But, the gold that’s still in the ground could be so diluted it would take tons of dirt to squeeze out a couple drops of gold! They soak tons of rocks in cyanide to get out the gold and silver by my brother’s house in Colorado. Big operation!

Most of the programs about the Mel Fisher group are available on DVD through Amazon.com. I hope this helps you! ~ Silverthorn

Thanks Silverthorn, I will do some research around this area. It's starting to get to be a good challenge now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread