ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
state "reply" to my report that its a 1715 recovery bark down in nassau sound -

they say that my showning them the two letters (oct 19th 1715 cuba to viceroy of mexico --0ct 24th 1715 spotswood to stanhope) both which mention that a recovery bark went down north of st augustine " 15 leagues / about 40 miles --to the leeward .north of st ausustine" in other words in nassau sound --- a treasure recovery vessel a BARK rather than the NAO SAN MIGUEL ( as many big name researchers of the past have said over the years )-- is an interesting "new" twist -- and while its currently only 35 miles from st augustine to nassau sound ---if you take into account the shifting of the st augustine inlet and points of referance that have occured over the years (like they did tohelp find blackbeards vessel location --the queen anns revenge--- by take the known points still visible on the old maps and over laying them with a new maps --bingo !! find the spot!!! -- they say" the numbers seem to match up well" and its" plausible" --(their words) -- the states going to check their "files" and check up on my info to see if they have copies of the original letters or if they can access them to "verify it for themselves" I guess --they say the have a copy of the fuller map --- they say if I think theres looting to "contact" the FWC and duval sheriff's dept --and to contact research / survey companies to assist me since they are strapped cash wize and thus will not be able to do any big projects for some time---and to talk with LAMP in St Augustine --

so still its "research ok" but no word on when its exact location (I know right where it is at ) is "found" wither they will allow salvage of it ---frankly spending money to do "research" without the hope of ever being given written documents saying salvage permits will be issued by the state if its found is fiscally foolish --thats how the juno deal in virginia got screwed up --research permits were oked but not salvage permits thus they lost it all after all their hard work --- no thanks to that--- Ivan

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: state "reply" to my report that its a 1715 recovery bark down in nassau soun

The ship structure I found has been lost forever because of the DOLTS at the state. I've been involved with historic preservation of buildings for decades, and I've never seen a bigger bunch of incompetents than exist at the state level in the marine archaeology section. I frankly don't think any of them has ever even been to a beach or seen the ocean. Good luck Ivan.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Re: state "reply" to my report that its a 1715 recovery bark down in nassau soun

Ivan,
I was under the impression that absolutely no new salvage permits were being issued in Florida at this time.

Diverlynn

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: state "reply" to my report that its a 1715 recovery bark down in nassau sound -

Hasn't Amelia Research tried to get this site permitted in the past? I'm pretty sure they did and the "aquatic preserve" issue kept it from happening.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000

Not that I know of, our lease area is still in effect, we plan to work the site soon.

Diverlynn

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: state "reply" to my report that its a 1715 recovery bark down in nassau sound -

well the spot is there ( nov of 1769 map by fuller)-- I know that and I know what it is (a rescue and recovery vessel --a spanish barkalonga-- sent from havana, cuba to the 1715 fleet wreck site down south) and basically what it was carrying ( VIPs & recovered treasure from the wrecked 1715 fleet -- royal stuff most likely)--- cuz hey the king wanted his treasure NOW!!!--- for two reasons -- first they needed silver for the spanish economy and cuz simply put he wasn't getting any "wedding night bliss" till the new queen got paid her dowery of money and jewels ( and she wanted her dowery "up front") the king was well known to be a horny ole cuss ---basically they had to pry him off his former dying wife on her death bed ( how touching)--he was trying to one for the road --since he didn't know how long it might take the royal matchmakers to find him a "new" wife --gee I wonder why every woman would not want a "prize catch" like him? --- most likely why the queen insisted on a huge dowery ---

lynn I want amelia island R & R to salvage the wreck ( their local / they have just the right gear and they have workedthe area alredy in the past) -- but will the state bend and issue "salvage permits for the area?" -- quite frankly research permits with out the ability to get salvage permits if something is found is from a money making stand point rather useless -- good for "research" and such but as a money making venture its quite useless without getting salvage permits -- think of the "juno"case in virginia --they had research permits --however since they were not issued "offical salvage" permits they lost it all.--- Ivan

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000

Ivan,
I have passed the info along to Doug. Will let you know the out come.

Diverlynn

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

I e mailed doug about my "findings" asap once I discovered" them right after telling the state about it. -- Ivan

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:

Ivan

hey loose lips sink ships man. If I were you, I wouldnt tell anyone about the location unless they are gonna give you some of the share!! yeah you will get to see what they found, but for free research?!! If I ever come across a shipwreck lead, I will not tell a soul, unless a deal can be made.

Just a thought

Larry

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

look amelia island research has a grandfathered lease for the area -- they got a lease for the gen area == I got the research and location -- now the deal is will the state allow "salvage" and if not why?--- protecting the "aquatic zones sealife ?" nah that ain't going to cut it as a reason cuz they allowed sand dredging and pumping of sand thus stirring up the area just as much if not more than a correctly done salvage job would do --- they need a better reason that that lame ole one.--- Ivan

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007

Ahoy mateys!

Tha fella Larsmad make a gooooode point! Too mush infermationn is tolda abouta tha Iven wrecka. Iven is an olde sailer and he know bout theese cleimss! All mateys readin tha forem know tha tis shipwrack wes founda by Iven. This foerum postins are makin a claim fer tha public record...Iven is a smarty fella! :-X

goode luck matey!

arrrrrrggghhh

V :icon_pirat:
follow tha code!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

ah a public record ye say -- arrggh matey ye bea smart un=== press releases to newspapers work too as a public record showing "proof" of what you found and when you found it --and by the way all e mails sent to florida state employees (the archies) are "public record" under the law thus it shows when you told the state of your find and when that little fact "occured"-- ah yes those facts date your claim of discovery nicely as far as being able to say who found what and where and when ---- :wink: :wink: ----(follow the code and cover your assets)--- (I have a plan)----Ivan

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You might want to take that issue up with the local that looted it for years. :icon_pi rat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

you see as a looter you can't claim squat -- if anyone found it and was looting it --they have no "legal" standing since they never "legally" declared their discovery and as a "looter" any standing they might have had would be lost anyway by their breaking the law -- you must be a "legal finder" to have any legal standing -- looters don't count. --- Ivan

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Morning IVAN: A small side thingie, records, particularly public records, have an annoying habit of becoming lost, misplaced, or damaged at inconvenient times hint!

Also newspaper reports are at best very nebulous, a good lawyer can tear any validity apart while stirring his coffee.

Heck, even Presidential files of previous behavior have been lost despite congressional power of subpoena snicker. Has Hillary ever produced them?

Don Jose de La Mancha

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis said:
you see as a looter you can't claim squat --

Your useage of the word "you" in the above sentence could be suggestive in its useage. For the record I'm not into looting, we do things above board - ask anyone that knows me.

Ivan I'm simply trying to point out that others are keenly aware of the wreck and its contents. Looters and treasure hunters alike. I do know that others have tried to work the site through legal channels and have been shot down.

I also really doub't the merits of admirality claims being tied to posts on Tnet. I believe the court system operates of a first come first served basis.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

meant in the useage as in you the "looter" type person would have no legal standing --- not meaning "you" are looter of course -- without 100% personal proof I would never say such a thing about anyone it would be dead wrong to do that -- was just saying that a illegal shipwreck looter has no legal standing in anyway is all. (except as a crook to be arrested that is). --- thus my "legal" approach to things. --Ivan

I have notified the "proper people" of my find and claims -- this is just making it clear to the public at large --- the who found what, when and where it was at -- things put out into the light prevent shady back room dealings.(and "famous folks" from stealing your moment) --- Ivan

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:

Ivan

vulcan siad it best me matey!! You have a good nose for treasure! If I had the money and resources, I would hire you instead of an archeologist!!
I may be heading up to ameia soon to check things out.

Keep us informed of the situation!

Larry

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

real "lost records" thats why I have copies of everything in a firesafe box in a secure location so "just" in case they "lose" theirs they can read my copies -- yep I got a papertrail about it--- a mile long all time dated and stamped --paper never forgets.-- its those "pesky" little details that get ya when you try to do crooked stuff ask nixon

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ivan,

you say that if the looters get the treasure,it wont be worth squat.I think you are wrong about that.look at the price of a ounce of gold and silver now.Ive been buying up sterling silver flatware at garage sales the past few months for next to nothing and have made a killing off people looking to buy it off craigs list.I even ran into one guy thats melting down old reales from 300 years ago.These people dont care if its a artifact or not.they are going to melt it down for its scrap value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread