state of floridas head archeologist ??????

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
The last I heard, Dr. Judith Bense was the chairman of the Florida Historical Commission. If you're looking for getting permitted for exploration of a discovered wreck, you pretty much want to avoid her like the plague. In many of my posts, she is the one that I refer to when I say that state archies would rather it disentegrate than let a novice recover an item.

I think Dr. Roger Smith is still the leading Marine Archaeologist for the State of Florida, but again I could be wrong.

Pcola

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you want some real results go right to Ryan Wheelers boss:

Kurt S. Browning
Secretary of State
Tel: 850-245-6500
Fax: 850-245-6125
[email protected]

Or send a hefty campaign donation to HIS boss:

Charlie Crist
Governor
Tel: 850-488-7146
[email protected]

OP
OP
C

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
thanks guys. it sad that they all belive no one is capable of recovery .and many artifacts will be lost . but then they are supposed to have atifacts from the last 40 yaers squirreled away in the capitol building doing no one any good .not on display for tourist or any one else

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007
I don't think going over Ryan Wheeler's head is the way to do it. Another salvage company just tried that recently and did not meet with very good results. It just pissed a lot of people off, and ultimately, any new lease applications will probably end up on Dr. Wheeler's desk anyway.

If your wreck is in the Keys, you should first try diplomatically approaching the appropriate people with NOAA or the FKNMS

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions