OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
G'day Lobsterman, When I first posted this request my facts such as they were were handy. They do not come from a published source. With your estimates of safe diving depths I will compare that to my facts as such and get back with you. I won't be posting the details on an open forum. I also won't be selling anything. Other than gas there will be no expenses unless we verify the location and begin diving or dredging or dragging for it. Do you work alone or do you have a partner? Are you personally interested in verifying this location when you are already in the area and then attempting salvage? If you are I will dig out the details and have them to you via email by Sunday night. Send me a pm with your email address if you wish to keep it secret. You'll have mine when I send you the data. exanimo, ss

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
SS,
Since you don't want to offer any proof and you are confident in your quest; my suggestion would be to start with local fishermen (or shrimpers) and get a list of hangs or snags in the area you want to search.? They are usually very reliable and can tell you if anything has been pulled up with the nets.?

Once you get your hang list, you can drag the area using a length of chain between two boats or get some small trawler doors and attach about 60-70' of chain between them so you only need one boat.? Small doors should cost about $100.? Once you hook on to a snag, just dive down one side of the rope, and voila! Your on your wreck!

I am still currious about your proof.? I am in SC and have no interest in stealing your wreck, but I would like to know what you have.? Please PM me with info (promise not to reveal)!? Let me know if I can help with any suggestions or questions!

I'm here to help, not hinder!

Robert in SC

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
hi SS, some of your post i did not quite understand, but i'll do my best to answer any questions. no i do not have a deckhand, i am presently reconditioning my boat and traps and i should be back fishing again by May, i fish in an area about 15 miles N. of the shoals, i do not blame you for not wanting to post the info publicly, but i don't think i'd worry about RGacy from all i've seen of his post's he seems to be a straight shooter and may be a good ally to have on our side, i wouldn't attempt any search or salvage without you being there for several reasons. i would not expect you to be selling or buying anything (or whatever that ? was about ), as i am not selling or buying anything either.
as far as safe diving depth, US Navy dive tables list a safe dive depth on scuba as about 120', and i beleive nitrox / heli-ox divers are limited to about 150', although as i said i have a self imposed limit of 90', do you have any diving experience ?, i have to admit that i am a skeptic of any type treasure tale's, i have seen and heard much in life, and i have learned not to beleive a word of it ;) , but if your info or research shows promise i'd have no problem making a few exploratory trips. do you know if it is in Maine or NH. state waters ?, the state line actually divides the islands.

Hi RGecy, cable dragging would be virtually impossible given the bottom conditions and the amount of lobster gear in the area although there is a published obstructions chart that the draggers use, also i know a few of them that pay divers to identifiy objects that they have lost there nets on, a couple of there finds were a WW2 training plane and an old car from the 50's both were found about 10 mile's from shore, and occasionally they bring up training bombs and the racks that attatch them to the planes. also a few mastadon/mammoth teeth have been found.
another interesting wreck in my area is the Empire Knight ( tons of copper and other WW2 supplies were on board ) but has been listed as off limits to any type of salvage due to the large qty. of munitions and mercury that were on board.

Pat.

P.S. what is exanimo ?

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
exanimo is used as homage to Karl von Mueller who used it regularly. It literally means "from the heart" in latin. In usage it meant "I will not betray you/ I am sincere in my belief" / to a lesser extent "you better believe it" (another common statement by Karl von Mueller) RGecy got a private message answering some of his questions. I'm sorry I missed your response. I'll sit down with my data and your response and see if I can provide more data. I am not a diver and will not be on site. I haven't been able to get away for more than five years and the three weeks that I can use this year are all spoken for. I'll try to send you a private message when I have my data handy. I didn't look for it because I didn't know you had replied. exanimo, ss

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
whats up SS ?, i never heard back from you, i guess you were unable to locate your info.

you had stated that you had found this wreck. how so ?, did you physically locate it ?,or did you come across an old diary or log of some sort ?, i don't want specifics i'm just curious.

Pat.

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Hello Pat, I've been pretty tied up. Will actually have some time off this weekend and will drag out the details and send them to you. After you have them it will be your choice whether or not you proceed. Standard non-disclosure if you pass. Fair enough? exanimo, ss

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Good advice cornelius. Well taken if you set out to find a sunken treasure. I didn't set out to do that but now that I have it I want to pursue it. Regardless I'll not be going there or renting a boat or diving gear. Someone local is best option to investigate. Information does no good for anyone if I just drop it because I will not ever be doing any research on sunken treasures. Not my thing and time is limited to those things I pursue. exanimo, ss

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
SS, confideniality would be an obvious ::) , and i have no interest in taking your wreck or any money from you for fuel or otherwise, if you reread the posts i've never asked for a dime, and i even stated that i would rather that you be there for any type of exploritory trips for the wreck. for the reason being that there is always suspicion when ever anyone talks of or attempts the recovery of treasure. also if you notice, i have never ask for specifics, as i figured any info would be on an as needed basis.

Pat.

garryk

Greenie
Mar 20, 2005
Well an interesting topic guys. This is the first time for me on this forum. Let me introduce my self. my name is Garry Kozak. For background just put my name in google and do a search. I work for Klein Associates, the manufacturere of the Mercedes of Side Scan Sonars. This area off the Isle of Shoals is my play ground for testing our sonar's. I am also an avid shipwreck and aircraft searcher in my spare time as well as a diver. I have located many wrecks between Portland Maine and Gloucster MA. Some of the finds include the WWII sub O-9 recentrly featured on DEEP SEA DETECTIVES and the stern half of the Empire Knight back in the 1980's for a salvage company. I ahve attached an image I made of the Empire Knight only 2 weeks ago. Hope you enjoy it. I have searched for the Sagunto and the privateer Neptune sunk off Newburyport MA in 1777. I have located the remains of old sailing vessels and other questionable sites. I am unaware from all my research of a wreck of significance that happened in 1799. Siegfried, you say you have found this wreck, yet you imply you need to look for it. Which is accurate, do you need to search for it, or have you found it? Just curoius. Thanks

Attachments

• empire knight3.JPG
    empire knight3.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 804

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
no problem Cornelius, i was just trying to let it known that i was not like some folks i've heard about trying to get $$$ for contracted sevices or whatever they want to call it. i would mearly welcome the opportunity to be a part of the search, if someone asks for help i'm the type of person that will help in anyway that i can, i would never expect anything in return, otherwise i wouldn't have offered to help.

besides most of the fun is had in the search, once it's been located then it become work ;D

Hi Garry... welcome, thats an awesome image, i hadn't realized that side scan has advanced that much that they could produce images of almost picture quality. i was suprised to see the stern section in such detail and so largly intact. i know that they had taken alot of the mercury off it, but do you know if they ever recovered any of the tons of copper that were supposed to be on board ?, sorry, i havn't done a websearch on your name yet, but i'm assumeing that must be you i hear on the radio once in a while, on the raytheon testing boat ?

Pat.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
several questions here about how and where did SS get the info from.....if you knew SS you would not be asking these type questions,, you would be asking for the approximate location and most likely working on a recovery deal with him.......a researchers secrets are just that,,,,,,secret.......gldhntr

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Hello Gary, Depends on what you call significant. If I can not walk or drive to a site it is beyond my reach to retrieve it. If something is out in the water it will need to be sought. I will get the location down to the smallest area I can. To me anything more than 50 pounds of gold in the water is significant and I'd travel to search for ten pounds on land. That probably wouldn't pay the interest on your gas and equipment. If it were less than that I'd toss it in the air and call "jump ball" and "have fun". Looks like you have a whale of a system going for you and you should make some serious money with it. exanimo, ss

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a couple not from 1799 -
NANTICOKE - SCHOONER - BUILT 1899 -730 TONS - WRECKED MAY 15 1919 - ISLE OF SHOALS , NH - 7 LIVES LOST ( ALL ON BOARD)
PEARL NELSON - SCHOONER - BUILT 1881 - 123 TONS - WRECKED AUG 30 - ISLE OF SHOALS, NH - 2 LIVES LOST
These are listed in '' ENCYCLOPEDIA of AMERICAN SHIPWRECKS '' By Bruce D . Berman . So there are debris from these you might bump into . Good Luck ,
Mojjax

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
thanks mojjax I'll pass that information on, ss

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Thanks lobsterman. Will add it to the data and it will be available when someone does a driveby. best regards, ss

bell47

Apr 1, 2006
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Seahunter
I just came across this thread. Very interesting stuff. If you need divers in Maine for any other project let me know. We can go to about 200 feet safely. We dive all year long, but can only do the really deep stuff(past 120) in the summer. We also have dive boats, and a barge avalable in the midcoast area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread