ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice if the State of FL would share or publish more of what they are sitting on.

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
The person who made the website, is a local at Saint Augustine. If you have
a question on Spanish Relic's: He's the one to go to. The best part. He not with the state.
BUT. . you found... within the laws, between Mean-Low, Mean-High

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
I've known John for years. He is an outstanding guy. Did some conservation work for me on a solid silver ewer from the 1715 fleet I have and it came out beautifully considering that it was out of the water for several years and coated with a shilack (by previous owner).

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Does anyone know how to contact the webmaster of the site listed above? John Powell. I've tried emailing him several times, from the site, over the last few years and have never received a response. I know its not personal, but dont know if that is a good address or not and I lost his number once he moved to florida. I need a mold made of an artifact in the florida collection. Providing it is someone known to the State and he has a good reputation, I have the permissions in place to make it. John fits this description 100% and then some.

gus

Oct 15, 2004
i recently made contact with the address on the site. he menitioned he will be off line for a week or so which may explain your recent problems. Also with spam filters its possible some replies are directed to junk.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Jim, long time no talk, but if you continue having problems getting in touch with John, try calling the Mel Fisher center in Sebastian, Bill and Julie Moore have made some oustanding replicas of items of various sizes...and they too have a wonderful relationship with the state. It might help if Mr. Powell continues to elude you.

Jason

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Jason, I will keep that in mind. I'll be in the area soon and will probably be stopping in to say "Hi"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread