Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What kind of outboard do you have? I have two mailboxes for sale.

Attachments

• DCP00705.JPG
    DCP00705.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,834
  • DCP00705.JPG
    DCP00705.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,329
OP
OP
macblastr

macblastr

Oct 17, 2006
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, 1280x, impulse
i have a mercury on one boat and the one i am asking about is an inboard with a 22" prop... how much for one of your mailboxes?

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here is some of Robert Gecy's handy work on a few of our vessels, they are working very well. In your case, if you can buy some pre-made mailboxes, you'll come out much cheaper. We all had a good time building and fitting these on our boats, and Robert is rightfully very proud of them, but they were not cheap when completed. :D

blowers1.jpg

blower2.jpg

Jason

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Rio, I think 24" would be too big for an outboard. My mailboxes are for sale for $600- each. They are 16" in diameter.

OP
OP
macblastr

macblastr

Oct 17, 2006
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
i need a mailbox for my diesel powered inboard.... also i wouldnt mind buying one of those for my merc... you think it would fit?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My blowers fit the 2.0 litre Merc outboards. Thats the 175, 200 and 225 hp models. What do you have?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I have plans for a 24" diameter blower tube that would work for your 22" prop. You could have it made from my plans, or my guy here could do it for $1200 (tube only). You would have to do the rest of the fitting to the boat, the braket, mounts, etc.

I think the easiest way is to go the route we did with the Conquistador and use the single arm made from 6x6x1/2" aluminum. Reinforce the walls where the pivot bolts are and maybe even add a bronze bushing. I just added a 1/2" plate to the inside of the 6x6 to make the walls 1" thick and they hold solid as a rock. The transom will need to be reinforced with plywood and/or fiberglass for strength. Luckily the Conq had a thick transom to start with, but we still reinforced it. She will blow with the best of them! No vibration or rattling! We were able to raise the whole back end of the Conq out of the water past the chime without cavitation!

Those Chevy 454's were running at 3000 rpm and Vice Admiral Dalton was yelling to "give 'er another hundred Cap'n!"
(Inside Joke) :wink:

Certainly 3000 rpms is not what we want to dig at, but we wanted to test the blowers and see what kind of pressure they could hold up to! They took every bit of it and asked for more!

Anyway, if you want a set of the blower plans, I can get you a copy that can printed to full scale at your local print shop.

Robert

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 30 inch blower for sale.all aluminium.Ill get some pics of it tomorrow and add them to this post.$3000.00 for the blower.Great for a diesel.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RGecy said:
"give 'er another hundred Cap'n!"[/b] (Inside Joke) :wink:

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing Robert...those were Brad's famous last words on the boat that day...his next words were via telephone and went something like "Hi, I'm looking for a transmission for my boat". :D :D :D

Ahh, the memories.

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also recall the boat was ready to blow again before sunrise with a fresh gear. :icon_jokercolor:

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Indeed it was! That was a blast!

I am looking forward to another great year.

Robert

OP
OP
macblastr

macblastr

Oct 17, 2006
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
i have a mercury 150 on the skiff... the blower should fit it. i would like the plans also... please shoot me a copy at [email protected]... now if i can only hook up with the bio diesel guy.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
i love anything to do with mailbox posts,.... blower posts! anybody work a durajet outboard,.... like a jet drive but not the same. hp loss is much less. fishing here! big thanks! b

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 35hp OMC/evinrude outboard motor jet drive.heres a pic of one like mine.mine is gray.my motor came from a navy seal team in florida.they designed it.couldnt get a pic of mine.its sitting in a engine test barrel.

Attachments

• green-side.jpg
    green-side.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 223

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread