Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
Which "unknown" site? There are a few of them. Off what City/county area? Can you post a link to the article?

Thanks

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be the UNKNOWN wreck, I think, as registered in the Fisher Lease agreements and is located as shown in the attached graphic.

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 609

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You are correct Terry, they are a few hundred yards north of the Normandy Beach Access, and look to be just outside the 3rd reef. I'm not too familiar with the reef system out there, but they are a good ways offshore, which might explain the lack of survivors in the area.

The "unknown wreck" was more of a speculative lease, very little has been found in the area, and the lease was taken out based on calculating the leagues from known wrecks in the archives. According to survivors from other wrecks, something went down in that area, but little proof of an actual wreck site has been found. Hopefully Doug, Lynn and the gang will dig up something interesting for us to see.

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Hey boys and girls...

Yes, we are blowing and diving!! NBC News team was out today, live at 6:00pm tonight...NBC

busy right now, bye bye

Diverlynn

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well, if the news team was out, I guess congratulations are in order?

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this mean that Lynn is going to be a TV star?

Good luck to Lynn and the crew of the Polly-L

Tom

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cool, see you in the morning Lynn, I'll have my hammer ready. We'll know what's in those encrusted pieces pretty soon. You guys have moved since I was down there spying on you...Doug is sneaky. :D

OP
OP
B

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Lynn. Local knowledge from fishermen says that there is definitely something out there. Of course the keel is a dead giveaway, but it is more recent from its' construction.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill, you probably know this, but there is also an 1800's era British ship and a civil war vessel out there. I wonder if that keel section you found was from the British ship. I found a large chunk of the iron Civil War ship back behind the dunes a while back.

OP
OP
B

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The wood was in excellent shape, and iron bolted. At the time a friend had removed the main keel section from the beach..about 60' long. You could clearly see the buildup, and the attachments of the ribs. Most of the rest of the stem and stern had washed up also. I recovered a small piece. State "archaeologists" identified it from pictures as a bridge. As such, all the pieces have since disappeared, except one. I donated it to the House of Refuge, which has probably disposed of it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread