ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Greg and crew, thanks for keeping us posted.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
NICE!

You guys are getting close Greg, I was at the museum today and you have the only nice stuff so far this year, excellent jewelry BTW. Can't wait until you post the pics of piles of treasure, I bet it won't be long now. Best of luck!

Jason

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sweet gold! Thanks for sharing.

pollibr

Mar 11, 2006
Valrico Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Hey Greg,
Its Richard from Frogfoots semianr...Nice finds....great meeting you, will definately see you soon and hopefully dive with your group.

Richard.

O

ohannos

Wow im mostly looking in the todays finds so i nearly missed this topic, glad i found it thought.
Most excellent finds. Big congratulations :thumbsup:

macblastr

Oct 17, 2006
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, 1280x, impulse
someday ill get our tugboat finished and get out there... about 2 more weeks til the blower is finished... fisheye got it mounted up, now im waitin on the welder to finish the frame to hold it up.

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Just wanted to let everyone know ,I dove with the Goldhound crew last week . It was a dream come true for me to dive the 1715 fleet with a professional crew like Greg's! We couldn't have been treated any better. They treated my family like one of the crew, Now my son and daughter both want to get certified. I cant say enough about Greg, Chas, Tony, Jeff i highly recommend this if you ever wanted to experience diving on the 1715 fleet. Awesome,Thanks Mark [email protected] :wink:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for the update Mark...I was wondering when someone was going to take advantage of this opportunity and post a report. Allow me to be the first to ask the obligitory questions, did you find anything...and do you have any Pics? :D

Jason

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Yes we did find pottery and musket balls But you know it wasn't all about the finds it was most definitely all about the hunt and going through the motions of hunting and diving the 1715 fleet, ill post some pics later Thanks Mark

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
macblastr's Tugboat,

A blower mike maguire and I sold to him and refitted to his boat.

Heres the pics.

Attachments

• mac6.jpg
    mac6.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,099
  • mac1.jpg
    mac1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • mac2.jpg
    mac2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,085
  • mac3.jpg
    mac3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,075
  • mac4.jpg
    mac4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,066
  • mac5.jpg
    mac5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,075

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but have to ask
why do the peices look so crude?
look like they were cast
Im not questioning the find

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bradyboy,

293 years ago the people that made jewelry didnt have the technology that we have today to make perfect pieces of jewelry or stones.They cast alot of items,plus beat it out with a hammer,cut or sawed on it with a file.They polished stones by rubbing them with abrasives like river sand.Sand is mostly quartz and will abrade anything.They also used primitive lapidary wheels to shape and polish gems.lapidaries from Spain to China were using files made with resin and emery.Ancient lapidaries cut flat faces on tablets and scarabs to provide surfaces for engraving, but they did not produce the faceted forms we associate with transparent gems today. Most transparent crystals were merely polished. Since color was their main asset,this was enough.

OP
OP
GOHO

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
Nothing new..... just a pic of one of the Gold Bars I recovered last year.... This is the one with the best marks. This Bar was found on the Margarita which sank in 1622.

Attachments

• GOLD BAR 22K.jpg
    GOLD BAR 22K.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 800

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread