ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Brad, there is a dive shop that monitors viz and reports it fairly regularly, I believe they are in Vero Beach, but I'm not sure. I'll find my notes and maybe that will at least get you started. I should be back in FL this weekend too if you feel like a little R.O.G. :D

Jason

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I'm aware of. Best source is local dive shops or dive charter boats, or inquire on some of the internet dive forums, or here on the diving forum.

I sympathize with you, we've encountered the same traveling. Most times we just have to grin and bear it or adjust schedules. A lot of locations can vary drastically over the course of the year. One month 50+ foot vis no current, next month 2 foot vis and two knot currents that persist for months. Doing your homework can save a bunch of cash and wasted energy.

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
ScubaFinder said:
Brad, there is a dive shop that monitors viz and reports it fairly regularly, I believe they are in Vero Beach, but I'm not sure. I'll find my notes and maybe that will at least get you started. I should be back in FL this weekend too if you feel like a little R.O.G. :D

Jason
Jason, Brad and others, the dive shop is Deep Six in Vero. They send out a newletter about once a week with viz. reports of off Vero Beach as well as any specials they are running. Wish I had a current email from them so I could give you an email address, but I dont. You should be able to find them relatively easily though.

Jim

OP
OP
bikerlawyer

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I'll look them up. It's just nice to know when you spend all day and about $300 in gas that there is a chance you will be able to at least see something!

Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread