eBay Shipwreck Item...

Silvestri

Apr 29, 2006
suncoast sw florida
Detector(s) used
eyes in my head for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can assure you that is not from a shipwreck...most likely it is from Nepal...my ex brought one like that back from her trip there and it looks almost identical to it..i think it is used for incense..that is funny...

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

I believe the origional price was $75.00.
My father has 2 of the ballpoints and 1 of the fountain versions...
All origional and in their origional boxes.

What a great idea they had back in the days, melted down the worn out reales and produced the most sought after Parker pen of today

Trez

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
if $ was no object i would have bid to win! :thumbsup:

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
If you click on the seller's feedback number to reveal his feedback, you can look back at his previous auctions also. Every one of his auctions has an elaborate story to it. Sounds like total BS to me.

I sent the guy a message through eBay using my account to see what he has to say about it.

Pcola

OP
OP
jeff k

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pcola... I agree, the guy is a complete fraud in my opinion.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
The guy just gave me a pretty polite response to my email and said that it must have been fradulently represented to him when he bought it and that he is ending the bidding. He also mentioned receiving an email from someone telling him it was an incense holder - was that you Jeff? ;D

Pcola

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just read a few more of his items and he has a story for each one, its amazing..I would read it as a line of malarkey but, thats just me...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winning bid: US $30.00

not bad I guess for a B.S. story

Patrimony

May 30, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a blue enamel parker pen with the metal top half and tip end plated with pure Atocha gold (according to the plastic box it came in) with Mel Fisher's signature fascimile inscribed on one side in gold and it also says "Today is the day" on it, also in gold. Mel gave it to me back in 92' when I worked for Moe.
The plastic box has a crack in it, a small chunk missing from one corner and some attic insulation is still stuck in the crack which happened when hurricane Jeanne caused part of the soaked dry wall ceiling of my office to collapse and land on my desk. The pen survived without a scratch though. Anyone got any idea what that might be worth?

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
if it were not for the chunk missing i would give you $40.00 USD for it! :wink:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
In November, a group of vacationers diving off of Panama's Caribbean coast accidentally found the hull of a Spanish ship that is believed to date to the 1500's.

Some THer's spend years looking for these ships and these lucky folks found one on a casual dive.... ::)

After literally, hundreds of hours of work, the cylinder inside the animal and plant life, was revealed.

The $30 return on investment prooooooobably wasn't worth it :D

Jay

Silvestri

Apr 29, 2006
suncoast sw florida
Detector(s) used
eyes in my head for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend said she bought her spanish map case (a.k.a. nepalese incense holder) for about $5 US when she was in Katmandu. It is almost exactly identical except I admit the one from the coastal water of Panama has a nicer coppery uh..patina...yeah..Anyway....what a colossal spewer of b.s. this guy is....he should be in politics and not spinning yarns on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions