Burt Webber

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi,

As I know, Burt is already in our Dominican waters on board of Ocean Lady and they have different treasure targets here. Burt plans to stay in Dominican waters for about 5 months. I hope to speak to him again here in Santo Domingo in the close future.

Bobadilla

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Burt may be in Domincan Republic right now. I haven't spoke to him in several months, but I do have his email which he may still be checking. I would not feel comfortable giving out phone numbers.

I will PM his email to you.

Robert

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marine Exploration, Inc. - MEXP Details Its Joint Venture Partner's Successful Field Testing Operations in Immediate Preparation for Its Survey in Search of Over $100,000,000 in Sunken Treasure
Monday June 23, 6:30 am ET

MIAMI, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Jun 23, 2008 -- Marine Exploration, Inc., trading under stock symbol (Other OTC:MEXP.PK - News), is pleased to report that Burt D. Webber, Jr., at the helm of its Joint Venture Partner, Hispaniola Ventures, LLC has successfully completed field testing operations in immediate preparation for its survey for targeted sunken vessels. Operating on the well-known 1733 Capitana wreck site off the Florida Keys, Webber and his team tested and calibrated their one-of-a-kind Geometrics diver-operated cesium magnetometers and state-of-the-art Geometrics vessel towed cesium magnetometer over a two-day exercise. Taking to the water to run his Operational Director through training, Mr. Webber expressed: "It was a thrill to put the new equipment through its paces and train my team for the serious work ahead."

The exercise served to ensure the proper operational functionality of this equipment, designed to Webber's specifications, ahead of the maiden voyage of the Ocean Lady.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
He just e-mailed me on the 28th so he is checking his e-mail

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jeff K said:

This is a big ball of BS I talk to Burt all the time....I was invited to go with him on the fist trip but right now I cant spend 3 month at sea, One of my divers from DR is going with him. He will be leaving the dock in about 30 days....he has had some problems but he never got thrown out of DR.....I did send him a copy of this, but knowing Burt probably he wont even reply, he doesn't care much about what people say or think....People should not be talking with out having proof, I have seen people get in trouble for that...

All the best

Chagy....

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Chagy,

I sent you personal email about three weeks ago, so far without any answer. May I ask you to tell me who is the diver from DR going with Burt on his trip? I do not believe this "sure news" on internet at all and I will check it with local competent sources anyway.

Regards,
Bobadilla

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bobadilla said:
Hi Chagy,

I sent you personal email about three weeks ago, so far without any answer. May I ask you to tell me who is the diver from DR going with Burt on his trip? I do not believe this "sure news" on internet at all and I will check it with local competent sources anyway.

Regards,
Bobadilla

Hola Compadre,

Dr. Naufragio was invited by Burt to go with him on the first trip.......I will e-mail you....

All the best,

Chagy.....

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hola Compadre,

I got your email, thanks! Wish you all the best and also to Dr. Naufragio. It would be great experience for Ch. to be there.

Best regards,
Lobo

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello everybody,

Today afternoon I had personal meeting with competent Dominican auhorities and I can confirm you that Burt Weber has ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM here in Dominican Republic. Who seems to have a problem is the owner of the charted research ship "Ocean Lady" and again, this problem has nothing to do with Dominican Republic, but it consist, as I was told, in some unsettled accounts with US Coastal Guard.

Bobadilla

PDJ

Jul 27, 2007
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Whites DFX 300
So, it's been a while since I've seen a post on this thread and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything. I did see some pr that Marine Exploration bought the ship that they were orignally leasing (is that correct?) and received certification to 'sail' recently. I assume w/ all the huricanes, if they are still in miami, it was for the best. How are they making out?
PDJ

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
PDJ said:
So, it's been a while since I've seen a post on this thread and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything. I did see some pr that Marine Exploration bought the ship that they were orignally leasing (is that correct?) and received certification to 'sail' recently. I assume w/ all the huricanes, if they are still in miami, it was for the best. How are they making out?
PDJ

Hello PDJ,

Yes they did buy the boat and they will be leaving very soon. And yes they were waiting for the huricanes to pass.

All the best,

Chagy....

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marine Exploration, Inc.’s Joint Venture Partner Hispaniola Ventures, LLC Finds First Historic Shipwreck, Retrieves Artifacts for Identification and Dating

MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Marine Exploration, Inc. (OTCBB: MEXP) announces Burt D. Webber, Jr. of joint venture partner Hispaniola Ventures, LLC has located a previously undiscovered shipwreck on the North West Reef of the Silver Bank, Dominican Republic. Funded by Marine Exploration, Inc., Mr. Webber has returned to the Silver Bank after thirty years with new historic research, and new underwater technological developments in the field of remote sensing survey and salvage. This latest shipwreck was found within the first twenty days of surveying the reef. The artifacts recovered during the proofing excavations have proved to date the ship between 1725 and 1745. The nationality is believed to be British. All artifacts were inventoried and turned over to the Dominican Republic Sub-Aquatic Office in Santo Domingo.

Mark Goldberg, CEO of Marine Exploration, Inc. states, "The Company is thrilled to have made this discovery on its first official exploration voyage off the Dominican Republic. The crew performed with excellence, and our state-of-the-art equipment was proven absolutely reliable and effective; especially the Webber designed diver operated cesium magnetometers that can now locate shipwrecks which surface-towed magnetometers could never find in complex coral reef environments."

Marine Exploration, Inc., and joint venture partner Hispaniola Ventures, LLC headed by Burt D. Webber, Jr., expect to continue the surveys and anticipate locating and recovering historic shipwrecks with valuable artifacts and treasure. Working under exclusive contract with the Dominican Republic, the Company has plans in place to pursue multiple notable shipwrecks in Dominican Republic territorial and jurisdictional waters.

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock moved up last week from .07 to .17 on very high volume. Can anyone say "insider trading?"

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What does England say about the wreck? Is it a soverign warship?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread