wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt that beach pretty regular (couple times a month), none that I am aware of...

Tom

OP
OP
Miner49er

Miner49er

May 16, 2007
OK everyone, this is a freebie. On May 28th. we detected a metal mass about 300 yds. off shore. I was told by a very knowledgable capt/diver that the operator of the pier that used to be there found coins at that location, but could never find a wreck. Since Tom said that he hunts that beach, and never found anything either, I wonder if there is a wreck that is completely buried. We did not dive on that site.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miner49er, It looks like an easy dive and just it's about 7 miles south of me. How come you have not dove the site yet? We've had a few good diving days since your find.

Tom

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just offshore of that is an old shrimp boat sunk in 1973 named the Michelle, and a couple miles to the NE of that is an old scallop boat wreck. This is just off the beach from where I live. I am not aware of that wreck you listed here. I am not at home near my source of landmarks, waypoints, and known wrecks to compare further, however I'll have a look when I get home. May I ask, what was the source of the GPS numbers?

I dive frequently off the beach there, in the months that the visibility and calm weather will allow (July-September).

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On second thought, I'm wondering if the hit you had was rubble from the pier that once existed right near your spot. Here is a photo from 1951. It looks as if the end of the pier may have had some kind of building structure, perhaps containing enough steel to get a hit from your mag.

Also, Just south of the pier behind the Radisson is an old 40's or 50's vehicle that is buried in the sand. The motor and drive train is all that remains of it, and it only gets uncovered after a really big storm.

Worth checking out nonetheless.

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,124

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good stuff Inlet, but as I'm sure you know, old piers make for good diving also. :D You guys up for going and checking this out? Tom? I'll drive up for a beach dive with ya.

Jason

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
works for me, I'll bring the tickle stick! - Oops, got to leave the stick and bag at home until 30 July Damn!
OK, I will bring the Excal instead, lost a Rolex in that general location. :wink:

Tom

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason,

I'd be up for checking it out anytime. Yesterday the vis was like maybe 1 feet to 100 yards out. After that, it may have been clear to 5-10 feet. There was a color change line that may have been within 300 yards.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm busy working on some stuff for ARRG, as well as preparing for the meeting in Tallahassee. Have big 4th of July plans, but after that I'm free, how about the weekend after the 4th.

Jason

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be with you all - in spirit, at least ;D
I am so looking forward to your reporting back - with heaps of pics of course.
Happy Hunting!
Cheers, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread