Possible shipwreck, maybe I finally found mine!

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
JG, thanks for the link.

Gilmerman,

I was recently in Cedar Key Fl and went to the State of Florida museum there. I wrote about it on my blog. It was pitiful and shameful. They had a few relics donated by a couple of local people on display with a couple of nautical charts and handmade trinkets/displays.

I know the State of Florida division of archeology has/must/certainly possess Civil War, Seminole, native Indian tribe artifacts.... they must... it's got to be locked up somewhere. They just don't want us to see it I suppose.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh sure they have stuff lots and lots of stuff I bet (seminole war , civil war , ect all important to cedar key ) -- all of it set back for "scientific study " in college "collections" and in the states other "safe keeping" places only to be used for teaching future archies to be -- rather than being out on "public display" --- because once the public sees stuff they might just get interested in finding stuff themselves and we can't have that now can we, since that is to be done by the "state professionals" only . :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions