Very Interesting Link

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I stumbled upon a website that appears to be an online repository of scientific investigations performed by private firms for the Army Corps of Engineers that includes marine archaeology. I'm not going to go into any detail but I can assure you that the information I got from this site was several orders of magnitude higher than what has been previously available to the public at large. "That's all I have to say about that..." ;D

The site is not straight forward but I found what I was looking for by doing a simple text search. Please only use this information for educational purposes.

http://stinet.dtic.mil/index.html

Pcola

P.S. After closer examination it would seem that most of the marine archaeology reports were from the northern gulf coast. I'm basing that assumption on doing a search for the keyword "shipwreck".

cjprice

May 21, 2006
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Tesoro Silver Umax
Thanks!

Some Great information "buried" in this site...........

~Chris
Cape Coral, FL :sunny:

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
Cool site. I had to find some of these reports the hard way!!!

I have this one already:

Underwater Archaeological Investigations, Mobile Bay Ship Channel, Mobile Harbor, Alabama.

MichaelB

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
theres more than one type of "buried" treasure out there -- this be govt type buried "treasure" highly valuible info --theres lots of this type of stuff out there --- sadly most of it is sitting in some remote corner of dusty archive somewhere ---happily this batch is availible on online (many are not) ---I always like new sources of info to draw from ---- thanks Ivan

there a site called JSTOR but one needs to be in with a college and have acess -- ( find a freindly college student -- they have to use it to do term papers and such ---massive amounts of info basically under egghead lock and key)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread