Anyone used Hamilton Jets drives 6` ID to blow sand

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Has anyone tried jets to blow in 15-30 feet water without adding any additional pipe. No jetski jets but decent size jets? 6 - 12 inch - the reason is I have an eye on a boat with old Hamiltons on it, crew boat parked up forever, the jets could be refurbished but if they only good for 10 feet of water it may not be worth the expense. Have any guys groups had success with jet boats, or stick to blowers? Thanks GH

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
:icon_study: i have an interest also in jet drives!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jet drives are the way to go for a dig boat.You can pull right up on the beach and blow a giant hole.Extensions could be added to blow in deeper water.You can get anywhere really fast!Hamilton jet drives are the best in the world and they are still in biz so you can still get parts im sure that will be very expensive.The military uses them on thier patrol boats.The drives can be hooked up to diesel or gas engines,even jet turbines.I have a 14 foot skiff that has a 35hp OMC outboard that has a jet drive instead of a prop.

GH if you can pick up that boat for cheep.Do it.Is it a all metal boat or wood or fiberglass?Diesel or gas?

OP
OP
O

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Aluminium - thats what I was hoping to hear from someone about them, some of the bigger ferries I clean have 24 inch jets and dig serious pits on the dock but the water is only 10 feet deep. Goodies always roll out the holes. Thanks Fisheye Im working on it....GH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread