Looking for encrustred 8 reale pic

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
My apologies for the cross posting, but I figured I might get a better response here than over in the "Cobs" forum.

I'm working on a powerpoint presentation for some grade school kids on what we do and how we do it. I'm in need of a good picture of an encrusted 8 reale. It can show some detail, but it shouldnt be cleaned. If anyone has a good example of an 8 reale that appears to be fresh from the sea, and dont mind me using it for education purposes, please either post it here or email it to me.

Thanks.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh look under the subject --real cobs called fake -- theres a excellent photo pic number 070 of several coins in someones hand that would be perfect for what you want to do --- ask darren in NC the poster * I sure he'll most likely say its ok---so long as to teach kids with.--- Ivan

OP
OP
PyrateJim

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Darren and Ivan. :thumbsup: I had searched the net for what I was looking for and came up with nada. I figured as I started looking on Tnet, I would post as well. There is not much in my part of the country for teaching the kids, and adults for that matter, about what goes on on florida's treasure coast. They love this stuff and I needed to bring it up to speed. Tri-fold poster board with cut outs is just so 1990's style. :D

Thanks again, its what I needed. Doing a section on cobs, what they look like when we find them (observation skills), how we clean them (science class), what the stampings tell us (history/economy) and what is most important on them (assayer/mint = research/foreign language skills). :icon_study:

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Jim, will these work? (PS, haven't forgotten your package...will send it as soon as I'm back in FL.)

Attachments

• coins6.jpg
    coins6.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 312
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 307
  • coins6.jpg
    coins6.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 307
  • normal_Picture-159-web.jpg
    normal_Picture-159-web.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 304
  • normal_Picture-275-web.jpg
    normal_Picture-275-web.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 305
OP
OP
PyrateJim

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
ScubaFinder said:
Hey Jim, will these work? (PS, haven't forgotten your package...will send it as soon as I'm back in FL.)
Those will work fine. I was looking mostly for a singular 8 reale, just enough markings for the kids to realize what it was, yet still uncleaned.

Let me know when you are headed back and an address and I'll get you my half. I have the parts for mine, and then lost the time to finish it up. I did have to pick up about 40' of extension cable as I didnt have enough to run from the head to the stern to start with.

bigkid4

Oct 23, 2006
Here is a couple of small EO’s that each have one coin in them. I’ve left them this way since I found them about 10 years ago. I have been tempted many times to clean them but so far I have resisted. You can use the pictures help yourself.
Gary

Attachments

• P1290183 [].JPG
    P1290183 [].JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 226
  • P1290186 [].JPG
    P1290186 [].JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 227

DandyDon

Sep 22, 2005
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Bigkid,

I have three pics from when I dove with you, Scott and Scottylee back in 2007. Hope you like them -

Don

Attachments

• 2 for one.JPG
    2 for one.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 3 in-one.JPG
    3 in-one.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 24count.JPG
    24count.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 24count.JPG
    24count.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 3 in-one.JPG
    3 in-one.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 2 for one.JPG
    2 for one.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 215
OP
OP
PyrateJim

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Fantastic pics and some great finds. I have what I need and I thank all of you for posting. Just becasue I am set, dont let that stop you. Treasure is always great to look at, no matter the reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions