Anyone use a jetski to move sand, how does it work??

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used this model at the Rio Mar wreck. Unfortunately, we were using it on a high rock reef that was festooned with urchins and had to stand up to hold the seadoo in place while we ran the engine to blast. Worked well enough, but we got stabbed to pieces with urchins!

You can get good results, but, it has to be dead flat in order to maintain stability. We used our seadoo to set anchors on occasion and the Meaghan Ann (our dig boat at the time) was so small that we could not haul the seadoo onboard, therefore the operator had to ride behind the boat all the way from Fort Pierce Inlet to Rio Mar and back every day. Not a happy ride in the summer afternoon here where the seas run against you while going home about 11 or twelve miles (maybe more... can't call it off the top of my head... long ride on a seadoo).

This rig was built for a specific depth and assembled from stainless tube stock. I don't think there is any way to run one without either having an operator sitting on the craft, or, having two people in the water standing on the bottom, holding it in position. :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• seadoo.gif
    seadoo.gif
    144.9 KB · Views: 635

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
signumops, great post! thank you for taking the time! :thumbsup: b

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my brother used a old kawasaki 550 stand up ski to dig a canal on my dads lake next to his dock.We hose clamped a 5 inch septic drain hose to the jet nozzel.Did a 3 point anchor config.We cranked up the ski and put vice grips on the throttle at wide open.It took both of to hold the hose.We dug a canal 8 feet deep and 15 feet wide 80 feet long in about 4 days.The top 2 feet was silt and mud,the rest was nice clean white sand.This was 20 years ago.Now with more powerful jet skis with bigger jet nozzels on them,it would take less time to dig a canal or to blow holes in the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread