English Broad Arrow on Grape Shot

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
Since there are so many interesting minds here, I thought I would get some opinions about another piece.

This grape shot has a huge English broad arrow (I assume).? But what is the back end?

I have dozens of grape shot from this wreck, but none have markings but this one.

One short rant, if you don't mind:

I just read someones post about egos.? This is a great place to give an opinion, to discuss and learn.? The only bad part are the jerks exercising their make believe dominance over other people (don't you pity their wives).? Many times the best you can hope for is an opinion, especially in this hobby.? I know I appreciate all input.? You guys with the aggressive know it all complexes should spend more time reading and less time spreading your negativity.? You might just turn into a decent person one day.

Just my opinion, back to the grape shot....

Attachments

• DSC06112s.JPG
    DSC06112s.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 413

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could that marker be coincedental and was there from hitting something or when it was fired??...my only idea..lol...HH..Gregg

OP
OP
CaribbeanDiver

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
No Gregg, I am sure it was not fired.? Nice call though...? I have also found some of my 6lb and 11lb cannon balls with the broad arrow.

Here is one of my complete 9 shot grape shot clusters.? Notice the cloth still wrapping the ball.? This one is taking all of my efforts to restore/preserve intact.

Attachments

• DSC06098s.JPG
    DSC06098s.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 536
OP
OP
CaribbeanDiver

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
Rings, hmm, no, that is interesting though.? Do you have a photo?

Here is a grape shot cluster I found.? Same deal as the one above but I have not cleaned it yet.? For some reason I really love finding these.

:)

Attachments

• Dsc06377s.jpg
    Dsc06377s.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 346

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well not too familiar with ship wrecks but was worth a try...thanks...nice finds you do a good shot at cleaning em for sure!!...do you keep em or sell em?..what they worth being around 300 years old?..Gregg

OP
OP
CaribbeanDiver

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
I keep the entire collection together and will eventually donate it to a museum.? My wreck does not have any gold or silver, yet, so it is only of great historical value and the most enjoyable thing I have ever done.

As far as value, that is speculative.? Maybe 3-400 dollars for the grape shot cluster in this condition.? But the value is keeping it together with the other artifacts.

I am looking for other ships though....?

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread