Mozambique Island Fogo

fogo

Greenie
Jul 16, 2006
Mozambique
Why people always skeptical.........9 bronze canons and ......sorry at moment the only photo of the anchor does this finding mean anything ???????? let me know.....................the canons is 1 meter long and got only this ref no. on it 5698 468 XLYK :.....the canons and the anchor was found =
+/- 6km from fogo island in about 2meters of water low tide.......but were i think the wreck is about 3 meters low tide in a cliff like full of sand..............what next ?

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_2822.JPG
    IMG_2822.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 666
  • Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 425
  • Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 407

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
fogo said:
Why people always skeptical........

Because there is no shortage of hoaxers/dreamers/liars and downright scammers around, other than that, no real reason. :wink:

Jay

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you have 9 bronze cannons then see the markings on them and you should be able to ID the wreck...

All the best,

Chagy.....

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
If you have anchor, which I suppose comes from the same shipwreck, you can roughly get period of sinking according to the shape and form of flutes, if there is a ring or cross,and also hight of the anchor tells you sometimes something. Bronze cannons had generally lot of ornaments and engravings. You should be able to find out even the country where there were manufactured, just watch them carefully.
Good luck!

Bobadilla (Lobo)
P.S.
Chagy, old sea wolf and compai, what´s up????? I have not heard from you from the moment I came back you from the last expedition ten days ago. I suppose you talked to J. and B. I am watching the other end of the rope here and I will keep you posted.

Lobo

OP
OP
fogo

fogo

Greenie
Jul 16, 2006
Mozambique
allen_idaho said:
That depends. Where were the cannons found? On shore or in the water?
the canons was found were the anchor was in about 3 meters of water next to fogo island

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread